What's new

I dont care...Ill tell you where!

Southernstyle

Full Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
108
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
I don't care...I'll tell you where!

Found this 18k/silver rind waist deep at a bar called Royal Palms. It weighs 12g. It's not really a secret when you are hunting populated areas and hotels. Which is what most people do. If I found a jar full of old Spanish reals in a cave here I would not tell it on the forum or even show pics. However most beach hunters are smart enough to not be searching a deserted beach for jewelery, unless you were just really bored i guess. When I go to the states I search public beaches, piers and any other spot I feel would be a hot spot. I'm not searching it because someone is posting they are finding jewelery or rings there. Those kinds of finds are lost everywhere, not just the public beach in Naples,Fl. Anyway, If anybody wants to come hunt these beaches. Grab a ticket and come on. The weather here is awesome.

Chris
Cayman Islands
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 776
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    51 KB · Views: 758
Upvote 0
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

Nice ring Chris!!

Made some good points Chris........I found out when I was checking into maybe going to Okinawa to hunt that my passport is expired %$#$$, When I get passport renewed maybe wife and I can take a cruise or trip to Cayman Islands
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

That's a good looking ring Chris....WTG!!.
Meet me at the airport....LOL GL and HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

Very well said!!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
Awesome ring :headbang:
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

Southernstyle, thanks for the post and encouragement!

It's seeing finds like this that gives the rest of us the encouragement to keep on getting out there and searching.

Finds like that are lost everywhere, and all it takes is the effort to get out there and look. Seeing pics like that gives us all hope.

Thanks again for sharing!
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

Hey Chris, do you happen to know Ash McKnight (SCUBA instructor)? If you do, tell him Gord says 'Hi' again. Nice ring.
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

you got the right additude --they are public beaches --after all aren't they ?

its nice to see someone who owns a detector thats not ate up with the greed bug like some folks are.
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

Another great find Chris! That is a unique looking ring. I go out to the beach cam at the Royal Palms to get my fix until I can make it back down your way!
Take care,
Jed
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

ivan salis said:
you got the right additude --they are public beaches --after all aren't they ?

its nice to see someone who owns a detector thats not ate up with the greed bug like some folks are.


Exactly... some feel differently though... I read on another forum a guy saying he was ticked off someone was hunting his spot and was going to fix him by salting the beach and water with pennies... come salt my spots I'll gladly take the pennies ;)

Nice ring SS... interesting to see gold and silver together... would have been nicer if they used platinum :)
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

I see one person on the local beach digging and them throwing something in the hole and covering up. I wanted to say something to him but he has a terrible attitude anyway. Never speaks to anyone and has a sour expression on his face all the time. Thought about going to checky Cheese and getting a sizeable amount of tokens and spreading them all over the beach for him. I decided I could not warn everyone else so I would not take this method. I have dug up his crusted pennies some not even whole. Wonder how deep a big ole chucky cheese coin would read on a machine? It would be worth buring them deep to see him dig them up though.
I will not do this but know the feeling of those that have these type persons on the beach with them. Good part is they usually leave more than they take.
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

Bruley24 said:
I see one person on the local beach digging and them throwing something in the hole and covering up. I wanted to say something to him but he has a terrible attitude anyway. Never speaks to anyone and has a sour expression on his face all the time. Thought about going to checky Cheese and getting a sizeable amount of tokens and spreading them all over the beach for him. I decided I could not warn everyone else so I would not take this method. I have dug up his crusted pennies some not even whole. Wonder how deep a big ole chucky cheese coin would read on a machine? It would be worth buring them deep to see him dig them up though.
I will not do this but know the feeling of those that have these type persons on the beach with them. Good part is they usually leave more than they take.

You could always bury 10 pennies wrapped in piece of paper in a baggie. Write a note on the paper, saying "hey dummy, take everything you dig with you"
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

that one is a beauty Chris! congrats
 
Re: I don't care...I'll tell you where!

Congratulations on fine detecting, Chris!
 

Attachments

  • pic123731.webp
    pic123731.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 315

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom