What's new

"I Dunno"

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
1,021
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I Dunno"

Been digging at this spot for a while, and can't figure out if it was a farm, stable or what. In the middle of the woods , no power, very old well, bricks thrown about the ground, a few pieces of pottery, etc. The only thing I recognize is the file and the porcelain jar lids. Any insight would be appreciated. HH BS
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 361
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 336
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 338
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 335
Re: "I Dunno"

One and two look to be clock parts. Three may be from a hand cranked mixer. Fourth photo top row second from the right looks like a ring from a horse or mule harness. (These are just guesses)
 
Upvote 0
Re: "I Dunno"

the thing with the red arrow below:

roundthing.png


Is it concave brass or bronze and about the size of a button with a square hole? i have one of those too i just found in my whatsits and I'd like to know what it is as well.
 
Upvote 0
Re: "I Dunno"

#1&#2 Def. clock parts
 
Upvote 0
Re: "I Dunno"

kenley said:
Wind up box from a toy..bevel drove gears?

Its a clock,guarantee it :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: "I Dunno"

Brass gears are definitely from a clock, possibly a carriage clock. I love finding those. There are zinc jar tops in the mix as well. Good site you have there. Get through all the trash and you may find something really nice there.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom