Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I attempted a 3rd go -round at locating the quarter vortex at a place the regulars have nicknamed "Penny Beach."
I did mange to get a dozen quarters but they were spread out instead of being located in a single concentration.
I did enter the water at low tide but it wasn't "Dead Low." You can't go in the water until the lifeguards come on duty and that doesn't happen until 10 A.M.
There was already water movement as far as the tide goes. I know that the larger and better targets are deeper and the only way to get to them is at dead low.
I was hoping to relocate the Quarter Vortex I have been picking away at during my 2 previous water hunts this year.
Working the water north to south and back again I spent about 5 hours in the water. I did make a few "Wish Scoops." That is when you scoop out a target, knowing that it is an iron signal. You are actually "Wishing" that the iron is masking some gold.
At the end of the hunt, I had recovered 49 coins. Thirty Five of them were pennies. That's why we call it "Penny Beach"
The picture of the beach at low tide is a shot I took in May of 2013.

Attachments

• Orchard BeACH 5-31-13 002.JPG
    Orchard BeACH 5-31-13 002.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4342.JPG
    IMG_4342.JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Upvote 15

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
It sure looks like a 'target rich environment'. Thanks for the pix.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Penny lane - just kidding - nice hand full of clad change - bottle caps & screws & kinda looks like one of usual day of finds - anyway congrats on your finds and thank you for sharing your pictures and story. I wish you many more great finds while out water detecting. :)

Texas ED

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice amount of quarters & finds! Congrats!
Well when you do relocate the "quarter bank" maybe alot more quarters will have been deposited for you!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Wish some of Oregon would look like that. Only during Rose Festival week is there that much concentrated activity on huntible ground. I'm just in the wrong place for quarters and pennies, I guess. Then again ... not far away from where largest US meteorite was found, and where private mint gold coins were minted...

I guess it's all inter-connected.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottle caps! Thought you're not supposed to have alcohol on that beach? LOL

KEEP ON SCOOPIN' !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread