I found a Capped Bust Dime

4dcr

Mar 31, 2006
Boston
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, White's DFX & Garrett ACE 250
I went out twice this weekend to 3 local parks which I hit regularly and get quite a bit of clad and an occasional silver.

I was having a good day with clad and just dumping it into my bag to go thru later.

My sight is not as good as it used to be so I check everything with a magnifying glass at home and WOW was I surprised a 1830 Capped Bust Dime.

This is most definitely the oldest coin I ever found and a keeper for sure.

I wish I knew which park I found it in, they are all old and large parks.

BTW I found a total of $7.93 in clad.

HH
4dcr ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• P1130273.jpg
    P1130273.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 704
  • P1130274.jpg
    P1130274.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 707
  • P1130259.jpg
    P1130259.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 771
Upvote 0
Dude, that is awesome! Never found one of those. Found a Draped Bust earlier this year, but still no Capped Bust.

Way to go! Find that site and pound it!

Nice Score and surprize!! :headbang: :icon_thumright: I'll bet you made this face: :o

Congrats on an incredible find! I'd love to some day find an American silver coin that old. I know what you mean about the vision thing. I have ended hunts early after finding a great coin, just so I could rush home to check out the date under a magnifying glass.

Hi Dave; Nice Find; I got one about 9 years ago. They're always a great sight to see. Get back there ok. PEACE:RONB :icon_thumright:

BARKER said:
Hi Dave; Nice Find; I got one about 9 years ago. They're always a great sight to see. Get back there ok. PEACE:RONB :icon_thumright:

Thanks Ron, I wish I kenw which park I got it at.

HH
4dcr

Now that is cool!!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back