HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro, Minelab GoFind 66, Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 14

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Video !
a Little more Professional then I'm used to :laughing9:

Nice to not have all that shaking though !

Nice Finds to by the way :coffee2:

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Nicely done! Subscribed. Looking forward to seeing your journey. May I suggest a White's Digmaster or a Lesche hand digger? That turf was tough!

OP
OP
H

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro, Minelab GoFind 66, Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Video !
a Little more Professional then I'm used to :laughing9:

Nice to not have all that shaking though !

Nice Finds to by the way :coffee2:

Thank you, kindly! I've been a video producer for almost 19 years now. I started off in Marketing at a local tv station, then eventually a producer for a Fortune 500 company. So I'm a lot better at producing video than I am at metal detecting. Hahahaha! Hoping to improve my skills as we go along! Thanks again!

OP
OP
H

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done! Subscribed. Looking forward to seeing your journey. May I suggest a White's Digmaster or a Lesche hand digger? That turf was tough!

No doubt! That good ole South Texas clay, man. It's a beast. I built our privacy fence last summer all by hand. Digging in that clay soil paired with Texas heat almost killed me. Hahaha.

I'm definitely going to be upgrading my digging tools.... eventually. I sorta blew my budget on the Nox. I live five minutes from Padre Island, so I figured most of my digging will be in sand, so I focused what little money I had left into getting a workable sand scoop. Upgrades will come sooner or later though. Thanks for the advice!

And a big thanks for subscribing!! I'm not the type to go out begging and pleading for likes and subscribers, but I do really, really appreciate it!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome backyard hunt and nice Mustang. Cool video Mr. Fett! Thanks for showing us.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed the video. Nice finds.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing boring about pictures I can actually see, as apposed to a video I have no interest in clicking on. Next time put the pictures on here as well, as your get much more interest. Most of us are Tneters not Utubers otherwise we would be on that platform instead.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few years ago I also found a car.Wanna race that Stang ?LOL :) 003.JPG

OP
OP
H

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing boring about pictures I can actually see, as apposed to a video I have no interest in clicking on. Next time put the pictures on here as well, as your get much more interest. Most of us are Tneters not Utubers otherwise we would be on that platform instead.

Respect. I get that video isn't everyone's cup of tea. I'm not a "youtuber", either. I've been on Tnet a lot longer than youtube. It was just the most convenient platform to upload to. I could just as easily have hosted the content on Vimeo. I'm not trying to pull anyone away from Tnet. I'm a Tnetter too.

I know it's annoying when people spam the forums with "like and subscribe! Like and Subscribe!".... I get it. I will absolutely never do that. I leave those decisions up to the viewer. I'm not sharing to "build an audience" with dreams of making it youtube famous. LOL. Why video? I'm a video producer. It's my forte. It has been for the last 19 years. Why didn't Bob Ross just pick up a camera and take photos of his "happy little trees"? Because he's a painter.

I appreciate the input and totally respect your opinion. If I happen to take photos of my finds at the end of a hunt, I'll upload them. But at the end of the day, I'm a video producer and I'll continue to be one. Some people will enjoy what I share, some won't. I respect the duality.

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest: