I found a cool Marine Corp Watch fob shaped like Illinois today! Pics Inside!!!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hello, everyone! I went out for a few hours today(the ground is finally thawing out) and I go to this old farm house that a recently got permission to hunt. to make a long story short, I found mostly newer clad stuff, the usual copper pennies, dimes, and quarters nothing super exciting then I go into the back yard and got a few trash signals, then out of nowhere I get this super clear half dollar reading and I dig a big plug and there in the hole is this big chunk of brass!! I wiped it off enough to see it is shaped like the state of Illinois and I rub it some more and I start to see the Eagle Globe and Anchor device and the words"Semper Fidelis" so I put it in my pouch and when I got home and washed it off real nice I discovered it is an old Watch fob!!! I think it's pretty cool and one of the neater things I have found. anyway, I just thought I would post some pics of it and see what everyone thought about it and my only questions about it are: what is the approx. age? and what do you think the value might be? not going to sell it or anything but I am dying to know if it is rare or whatever? thanks in advance.

Attachments

• MVC-600F.JPG
    MVC-600F.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 493
  • MVC-601F.JPG
    MVC-601F.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 498
Upvote 0
Very cool fob! Nice job on the fob.

Not sure of the value, but I doubt it would realise the high dollar that the cornflake shaped like Illinois sold for on ebay, regardless, nice find...........

333 mile away and thawed :-\

Tommyboy72, Great find! The fob was probably worth much very to the owner, and I'd say to you also! I really like it, as I'm sure everyone does. Great hunting and good luck!!! Regards, Richard.

cool find hope someone is able to give you some info on it.lot of good folks on here to help you out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back