What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED I found a knot bullet and underneath it it looks very round but not like the three ringers I normally find is this a confederate

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a knot bullet and underneath it it looks very round but not like the three ringers I normally find is this a confederate?

18mm long
11mm wide
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 224
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    748.8 KB · Views: 100
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    656 KB · Views: 108
Well m'friend, first of all, your bullet has reeded body-grooves (multiple tiny parallel raised ridges inside the body-grooves)... which means your bullet cannot have been made before 1877 (at the very earliest).

Second... your diameter-measurement of it (11mm) and your photos (thanks for giving us three different-angle views) indicate it is a slightly different version of the US Model-1874 Colt Army Revolver bullet dug in Texas by T-Net member Ronson about a month ago.
 
Upvote 11
the parrel grooves are for the cartridge crimping tp seal bullet to case as a gas seal that means its a cartridge case type bullet the hollow back is typical of black powder type bullets to allow the gases to swell outwards making a good fit with the barrel rifling thus its post civil war era blackpowder cartridge ammo pre smokesless powder so about 1880 to early 1900 era
 
Upvote 2
the parrel grooves are for the cartridge crimping tp seal bullet to case as a gas seal that means its a cartridge case type bullet the hollow back is typical of black powder type bullets to allow the gases to swell outwards making a good fit with the barrel rifling thus its post civil war era blackpowder cartridge ammo pre smokesless powder so about 1880 to early 1900 era
I appreciate that Ivan I learn something from you guys every day thank you
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom