I Found It .......Again

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
I Found It .......Again

Well, I'd like to thank you for some great reading & viewing this past year or so. I really enjoy the "Find Waldo" in situ pic.'s. I'm amazed at all the different type points & blades that are being found across our nation.
But, it is those LARGE points and blades that started my........let's say "self-esteem" issue here. I am almost ashamed of myself, as I started to feel envies of all those large points. Now, I don't need much sympathy as I do have a nice collection, but..........it just lacks in length (here So. Cal. anything close to 2" is a rare find.) These thoughts started leaving me feeling ,well, "little," knowing that my collection would never "measure-up." I was feeling as I would never be a contender here on this forum.
However, I believe the true inspiration ( final straw )for this post came from a post written by Cannonman. In this post, Cannonman related a story about how he and a friend were walking a field. I'm shure it was full of LARGE points. Anyway, Cannonman was telling his friend how he would like to find a nice little birdie..........he did! I believe he stated that it was about 3/4 of an inch long. Now, I thought to myself, "Ha!"...... Thats not "little." That is just average ( 75% + of Southern California's points are 3/4 to one inch long)
I knew............at one time, I was a contender, in this category of "LITTLE." Now, I have any number of points less than 3/4", and a few drills to boot. But there was this one point.............A real runt of the litter, but a possible true champion of "LITHIC LITTLE!'' But now, where is my "contender?" I haven't seen him in years, let alone the most part of my collection.
I've been going through boxes and trays, when I can, and it's been good/fun, the collection is better off for it, and............I found it...........Again!

Enjoy the pic's Sincerely; Blind Pig

JPEGlitcamp.jpg

On a dime , little O' Miss Liberty can't even hide behind the "Champ."

The long and the short of So. Cal. points

The champ. and some of the rest of the "litter"

Upvote 0
OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Re: I Found It .......Again

It's tough to make a "LARGE" statment when you have such a small point to make ...

Blind Pig - 2008 A.D.

JPEGlitcamp.jpg

On a dime , Little Old Miss Liberty can't even hide behind the "Champ"

JPEGlitcamp.jpg

The long and the short of So. Calf. points .

JPEGlongshort.jpg

The champ and some of the rest of the "litter" .

Attachments

• JPEGcalshorts.jpg
    JPEGcalshorts.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 273

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin

Here's that one from that story- perhaps the smallest side notched ever? LOL-

Attachments

• 11aaaa.jpg
    11aaaa.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 264

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice, especially the clear birdies.
Here's my smallest, a Friley- Manning fused glass.

Molly. HH.

Attachments

• Picture1 016.jpg
    Picture1 016.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 246

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

These are probably the smallest notched points I have ever found. I do have a few Triangle Points that are smaller then these but I don't have any good pictures of them.

Attachments

• Steve Valentine Collection 193.jpg
    Steve Valentine Collection 193.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Steve Valentine Collection 193.jpg
    Steve Valentine Collection 193.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 234

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread