🥇 BANNER I found the first hurricane Dorian treasure coin, 1733 fleet !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the storm hasn't even hit yet. Got an early start on this hurricane prep and was just standing by. As the storm is approaching it has made the winds switch off shore for the last 3 days here in the keys. That offshore breeze and the king tides have swept all the seaweed out to sea and left the beaches and shoreline clean. Got to my spot at full king high tide.....no beach had to jump off the sea wall and snorkel in 2 1/2 feet of water. Got a strong 33 on the nox....but it was coming from the bottom of an old lobster trap so I started to move on......I didnt get 4 feet away before that 33 didn't make sense to me. I went back and spent about 10 minutes fanning and prying this trap bottom out of the sand. Sure enough that 33 was still registering with the trap moved. Fanned the remaining sand down to cap rock and bingo....a big fat 8 reale cobb from the 1733 fleet !!! 20190901_150439.jpg
I'm slowly cleaning her up but I dont see a complete date.....shes seen better days. 286 years in the sand and we'd all look a little weathered !! 20190901_150424.jpg
20190901_150432.jpg
Here she is just after finding on the hood of my truck. So I had to break and catch my breath I ate lunch and called my buddies.....i find it hard to hunt after i make a good find until i thoroughly fondle and inspect the piece. So after a 45 minute break i hunted the rest of the day until the tide was a quarter mile out.....no more spanish, only clad and trash. 20190901_185235.jpg
20190901_185217.jpg
Shes got some detail left and will continue to clean up better....very little encrustation on this one....she must have tumbled in the sand a bit....she was pretty clean. She looks alot like one of her sisters I ware for luck. 20190901_150808.jpg
The one I ware I found about ten feet from this one 3 years ago !! Man....now I need to follow the storm and try for a 1715 cobb up in vero !! Wooo hoooo I'll be up bright and early to try again !!! Good luck and happy hunting folks

Upvote 132
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Awesome find. Makes me wonder how many more of those are out there just waiting to be found.

Thanks tamrock......I've spent many hours daydreaming about that same thing. It always seems like it's the last one.....and then mother nature does her work and a couple more show up. One day I hope something shows up that's old, gold, and spanish !!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tamrock......I've spent many hours daydreaming about that same thing. It always seems like it's the last one.....and then mother nature does her work and a couple more show up. One day I hope something shows up that's old, gold, and spanish !!
You just know it's out there.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right about fall creeping up on us when the water starts too cool the days are numbered and those flat calm days will be go we gota go

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the incredible find! Glad you didn't walk away from that one!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks gene mean.....one of those spots that if you dont feel like digging a target than you should stop for the day and come back fresh. Got to dig every singal target here for fear of missing something important !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ? This hasn't made banner yet ?

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too went out after the hurricane. Getting to the beach I put the detector down to ground balance it and it went off. I dug and found a 8 gold reale . I was so excited. I then headed out towards the beach and every 2 - 3 steps I got a good signal. Each time I dug I found Spanish gold or silver. By the time I got to the waterline my pouch was full. Getting signal after signal I was finding gold or silver. I found a gold neckless filled with ruby's and emeralds. It wouldn't fit in my pouch so I put it around my neck. Next I found a large gold ring with diamonds all over it. My pouch was filled and my pockets full. I knew I'd have to quit when....

The waves were crashing in and the next sound I heard was the toilet flushing.... The wife came in and said get up, you need to bring all the crap in from the yard before the storm hits.....

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Billieg, was that YOU I saw out on the imaginary beach?

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dream find, wow big congrats on this one! Best of luck for the next one and be safe!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too went out after the hurricane. Getting to the beach I put the detector down to ground balance it and it went off. I dug and found a 8 gold reale . I was so excited. I then headed out towards the beach and every 2 - 3 steps I got a good signal. Each time I dug I found Spanish gold or silver. By the time I got to the waterline my pouch was full. Getting signal after signal I was finding gold or silver. I found a gold neckless filled with ruby's and emeralds. It wouldn't fit in my pouch so I put it around my neck. Next I found a large gold ring with diamonds all over it. My pouch was filled and my pockets full. I knew I'd have to quit when....

The waves were crashing in and the next sound I heard was the toilet flushing.... The wife came in and said get up, you need to bring all the crap in from the yard before the storm hits.....

Huh....sounds just like how my mornings go !! I've been digging furiously at this spot last couple days.....can tops and bottoms all day long.....cant even figure how that coin got where it was....I dig 3-4 inches of sand and come to a layer of rotting seaweed that 3-4 inches and then you hit the layer of coarse gravel and clay I'm looking for. Time to let it rest for a few weeks of mother natures grooming.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dream find, wow big congrats on this one! Best of luck for the next one and be safe!
Thanks bill nice to hear from you hope all is well ..... still my favorite avatar on t-net !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20190907-214537_Chrome.jpg
20190904_122807.jpg
Did manage to find a close match to the coin I found. Nice image of what my coin would have looked like if it weren't so badly corroded by the sea.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You havent got Banner yet zup widat!!!!!! Ill give you banner again Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread