I found the good stuff

Now this is how to post a cache find!

It's great to see an authentic cache find with pictures to boot! :icon_thumright:

Myself I hope that I never find a cache as it would kill me not being able to prove it, since I never take a camera with me. Maybe I should start carrying a camera around with me when I hunt. If only for the scenery!

Congratulations on a great start for 2011 :thumbsup:

Ralph (Toronto)

Amazing, and GOOD FOR YOU for going where most of us wouldnt even consider.... I am still waiting for my first cache, and I really thought I might find one right next door to me. Old fellow lived there, now passed.. His wifes first husband built that place, from what I hear was a "hoarder", and had a penchant for gold and silver.... After they mowed it all down with a brush-hog, I was SURE I would find some good stuff... Lots of trash and bits of aluminum all over from the siding job, but not ONE item of jewelry or even one single coin.. NOT ONE?!? How can people live on a property for over 50 years and not drop at least a penny? Even along their parking pad and sidewalks, not one coin to be found..
I do hope to join your club someday.. Congrats on a well-deserved banner!!

a bird told me more coins are coming out of this site. :headbang:

Wow! The story, write up and pictures are awesome!

Great cache find by the way....... From what I read and what I see in the photos, I'm thinking the bottle of coins may have been in a house fire. The other broken glass in the area, empty lot and what looks like ash in the hole. I have also seen coins turn pink form heat. Obviously the bottle and coins were not melted, but it could have been hidden in an area that was not completely burned up or was burried under the house..... Just some thoughts. Ralph

This find is probally what crashed the site!...lol

Awesome find!!
I now wonder how many coins I have passed over thinking "Awe, it's probabaly junk".

Congratulations!

steve, don and i went out there again just in case. its clean no coins at all. P.S. we picked up all the pipe you guys left. :laughing7:

Sweet find....Appears to be a Great Depression Era Cache....Makes me wonder why it was never recovered

COIN-grats! What a great find!! I'm ready to invest in an Alaskan snow parka and get after it now.

Here's a question for numismatists on the board... would silver coins like these benefit from electrolosys?

I know the standard answer is to never clean coins that may be valuable, but if you could do something that would simply allow the gunk to fall off, that would be a good thing as it seems an 1890 CC morgan is worth at least $95.00 in normal circulated condition. Much more if there are no circulation marks on it.

Thanks and I'll hang up and listen. :)

Breathtaking!.....simply breathtaking! There are alot of awesome things to be found in your state, dont sell yourself short. Keep at it, I hope your next cache discovery will contain $20 gold pieces!!

Congrats on the banner......
Am really knew at metal detecting and one day I hope I hit a biggie like that....WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello2:

Nice treasure...congrats for the banner ! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back