I found the good stuff

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
That's the kind of find I dream of whenever I hit an old home site; congratulations on a great discovery. Are any of the SLQ's Type I?

OP
OP
Wheresthegoodstuff

Wheresthegoodstuff

Feb 20, 2006
Coarsegold, CA
Thanks everyone.

I still cant really believe it. I have read about finds like this but never thought I would find anything like it. Makes me really look at different potential locations in a whole different light and also to just really slow down. I have a habit of just trying to cover a bunch of area rather then just really covering a smaller area really good. When most of my good finds have come when I really slow down and concentrate on listening to each target.

After doing some more research about the site it looks like the conditions had lined up just right. A few others had hit the lot already but the problem with the lot is there is a lot of pipes running right under the ground among tones of other trash. The cache sounded a lot like the pipes except for it being a smaller target signal.

I havent had a chance to go back yet, family duties have kept me at home. A few of my detecting buddies have went back though and made a few more really nice finds. I believe what happened was that when the lot was scraped the very top of the cache was spread around a 50 foot area. One of my buddies found three additional walker halfs while another found 2 additional morgan dollars. Hopefully they will post when they get it a chance, if not you can check out their finds on the Cali forum Kinzlicoils.com (shameless plug :) )

Thanks again and hope you are able to get out and find your self some of the good stuff

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
im no coin collector but i have had luck soaking some coins i found in a farmfield with vinegar. but with a cache like this you should consult a professional. TOTALLY AWESOME. as on tneter replied about having an ORGANISM I WISH HIM/HER LUCK :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
pl8man im me the other sight and buddy i would be back at that site again hitting it hard and heavy you never know what else might be there whos to say that is the only cache bottle on that lot HIT IT MAN HIT IT

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice story, nice pics, very nice find.....Nice up on the Banner as well.. Congrats. jgas

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
bookfisher said:
Congratulations on finding and posting a truly DUG cache! Not one of the fake caches that all too often appear on this forum. You know the ones - where they put fresh dirt or mud on the coins, or the coins are in shiny and bright pristine collector condition. That's what a cache of dug coins should look like. Again, let me congratulate you on a truly rare cache find! Way to go!

Very well said Bookfisher.......I'm more than just a little tired of my numismatic and metal detecting intelligence being insulted by fake "caches"

HH all!

Greg

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Great stuff. Think I would leave them as is and not clean them up to much with the pics and being able to see where the marks are from the other coins makes it a cool collection. Better than a bunch of shined up coins to me.

Jason

eagleforce

Mar 15, 2010
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find ! Congrats on the Banner! And go Cali...2 banners from cali in a row ...UH :headbang:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOWZERS, that was a fantastic hunt! Many congrats to ya! :icon_thumright:

Nana

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a Fantastic find!!! You are DA MAN :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread