I found USA coins in Saudi Arabia desert

IbrahimKSA

Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys first sorr for my bad English language .. I just bought my Garrett ace 250 before 2days .. And today decide to go to Desert to explore my area and what maybe my desert I found in... And when i search I found this USA coins lol.. My first coins not Saudi coins its ****ing USA coins haha .. And my question who lost his coins in the desert lol ... It's from 1990 coins???
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 18

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's our deposit for all the crude oil barrels. We'll need that back once they are emptied and returned.

In all seriousness, that is a five cent coin commonly referred to as a nickle, due to its metal composition. Unfortunately it's hardly worth the metal its made from.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it a trash or worth something?!

Welcome to treasureNet Ibrahim :thumbsup:
it is worth 5 Cents U.S.

considering where you found it, I'd say Very Nice Find :thumbsup:
Congrats !

the U.S. nickle is the Least dug contemporary U.S. coin,
because of the amount of trash hiding them in the ground here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IbrahimKSA

Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we go back a little to history.. I will say this coin from USA soldiers when they try defense my country from saddam husoin army... Tomorrow I will go to same spot again maybe this place it was a camp for USA army I found Pepsi cola and a lot of top cap made from America also.. I think my first journey was interesting... Lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we go back a little to history.. I will say this coin from USA soldiers when they try defense my country from saddam husoin army... Tomorrow I will go to same spot again maybe this place it was a camp for USA army I found Pepsi cola and a lot of top cap made from America also.. I think my first journey was interesting... Lol

Yep I believe you are Right on the Camp.
and Yes you did Good detecting in a desert :thumbsup:

MissouriKGC

Jun 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey guys first sorr for my bad English language .. I just bought my Garrett ace 250 before 2days .. And today decide to go to Desert to explore my area and what maybe my desert I found in... And when i search I found this USA coins lol.. My first coins not Saudi coins its ****ing USA coins haha .. And my question who lost his coins in the desert lol ... It's from 1990 coins???
View attachment 1326057
View attachment 1326058

It's a Jefferson Nickel, made from 1938-2003. Unfortunately, it's not worth anything over it's face value of $0.05 US. (For context, it would take five of these to buy a small piece of candy, or fifteen of them to buy a coke.). That's a great find in Saudi Arabia though, probably not many US coins floating around over there.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may have fell out of my pocket while I was building a sand castle. Lots of trash is buried out there. Cool that you found that in the desert. Congrats and Welcome to the Party. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find,,,,,
Now,,, head somewhere that is safe and start looking for some real old stuff.
I really wish I could go and detect there,,,I bet there is a ton of cool stuff buried or lost there.
HAPPY HUNTING

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful! Saddams troops did lay land-mines as they fled.

OP
OP
I

IbrahimKSA

Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for comments and I will share if I found any interest items in USA army camp spot .. And I think it's safe spot cause it's USA army camp not saddam army spot lol ... So there is no bomb in field ��

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree you are probably on a Desert Storm camp from the first Gulf War. Good luck. Maybe you will find some US Military buttons or insignia.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More proof that metal detecting is a worldwide passion! Thanks for the post, and good luck on future hunts.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Interesting that everyone here says it's not worth the face value, yet our stupid government pays an outragous amount over 5 cents each to produce them.
Good luck to you! You're gonna find some interesting things.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are in the area where the US and other countries made their way to fight Hussen then you may find a lot. Soldier sleep on the sand and stuff would fall out of their pockets. If you find any personnel items post them, we like to get items returned to owner or family.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread