What's new

I got lucky today

solariscool

Full Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Today was my lucky day. 9 90%s, 62 40%, and a 2006 Proof out of 1k in boxes. The Franklins are super pretty, do they look cleaned to you or just well kept?

1 61 Franklin
1 62 Franklin
7 64 Kennedys
6 65s
7 66s
14 67s
20 68s
15 69s
06 Proof
 

Attachments

  • feb29totals-1.webp
    feb29totals-1.webp
    48 KB · Views: 516
Upvote 0
Actually(I'm a collector, not an expert), your franks look like proofs. nice finds.
 
gold fish said:
Actually(I'm a collector, not an expert), your franks look like proofs. nice finds.

They look like it and I thought they were just the sites I checked weren't too clear. They both came out of the same box a few rolls apart. The edges of them were super shiny compared to the rest of the silvers.
 
How about posting a better scan of just the franklins?
 
Here is the front and back of the 61. I hope the pic isn't too big.
 

Attachments

  • 61front-1.webp
    61front-1.webp
    57 KB · Views: 462
  • 61reverse-1.webp
    61reverse-1.webp
    95.7 KB · Views: 472
I'd still lay a soild bet on those bein' proof coins..... :o
 
Very nice Franklins. I was looking at a 1961 Proof set I have and my Franklin has no frosting (I believe the dies were not highly polished back then) this one looks proof like. Considering where this coin has been, it is an amazing find.

Thanks for the picture.
 
tsnf said:
Very nice Franklins. I was looking at a 1961 Proof set I have and my Franklin has no frosting (I believe the dies were not highly polished back then) this one looks proof like. Considering where this coin has been, it is an amazing find.

Thanks for the picture.
I have a 1961 Cameo (frosted) proof Ben. It looks awesome.
 
AWhitster, now I'm jealous! Ha,ha.

It's good to know I can upgrade if I want to.

Thanks
 
I'm curious now. Did they make frosted and unfrosted proofs? Anyone know the dates?
 
packerbacker said:
I'm curious now. Did they make frosted and unfrosted proofs? Anyone know the dates?
I'm not sure of the dates but they do make cameo and non cameo.
 
Scored another Ben today but this one was beat to hell. Pulled out a few other 90s and a handful of 40s.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom