What's new

I got my chores done

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got all my honeydews done early and went hunting :laughing7:. For the first 3 hours all were broken. I finally found the spot and I only had an hour to hunt cause the sun was going down. My first find was a nice quartz arrowhead. I was stoked. I sent some pics to NC and I figured he was working but wouldnt mind. I found some wholes and some heart breakers worth saving. It was a good variety of colors and artifacts. Maybe that will cure the itch for a while. Hope you all like them.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2399.webp
    100_2399.webp
    164.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_2401.webp
    100_2401.webp
    204.5 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 0
where is the arrowhead? all I see is flake.
 
The shells are calling you
 
Seriously Rock I'm not kidding a bit.
 
I also don't know why you make jokes about my shell artifacts by the looks of it I have a lot more stone ones then you also. I wasn't trying to be funny you don't have any finished artifacts there from what I see.
 
You would find 100s on my stomping grounds
 
The quartz point is the white one in the middle. Its a Woodland point. Not the prettiest point but still a point none the less. The second photo is a flake but also a stemmed utilized flake knife made from some great banned chert. It shows secondary edge work on it. I enjoy flakes I know a lot dont bother to look at them and that is probably why some dont see them as being a tool or an artifact.
 
Take a photo of the so called point front and back. Is it bifacial? You probably think I'm just being a jerk so be it.. " the shells are calling" REALLY?
That doesn't change the fact that you don't have any finished artifacts there. You say you know a lot I suppose you know so much that your artifacts actually look different than everyone else's either that or they're just flakes.
 
Last edited:
:notworthy:
 
Last edited:
Here you go and I forgot a core I found in the first pic (the black one is the core). Now I aint going to lie I believe the tractor ran over it a few times before I picked it.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2402.webp
    100_2402.webp
    154.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_2403.webp
    100_2403.webp
    167.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_2404.webp
    100_2404.webp
    194.6 KB · Views: 85
Just what kind of point do you belive that to be? It looks like it could be a scraper but I see no projectile point. Mabey it was sorta like this. I found that with a nice middle archaic stemmed dart point.
Its a style of Hafted end scraper.Its Thoroughly flaked on both faces.
ForumRunner_20121127_003648.webp
 
Last edited:
Here is a preform I found with some strange material. Anyone know what type it is?
 

Attachments

  • 100_2405.webp
    100_2405.webp
    170 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_2406.webp
    100_2406.webp
    232.3 KB · Views: 74
@ GB I do find a lot of preforms and tools in this area. Mostly scrapers so far and only 3 points out of all the artifacts. But this one is worked on both sides and has a corner notch on it. All scrapers I have found so far have been uniface and not like this one.
 
What kind of point do you think that is? Another perform? I might start to think about why your finding so many "performs" and unifaced things. Just a thought.
 
Maybe I am in the Squaw processing areas and just havent found the hunting area as of yet. Its a big stretch of fields and I havent been to all of it yet. I talked to the farmer about tilling the hill but the answer was ...no. I did however find the part of the field that has Chiggers :sadsmiley:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom