What's new

I got Something for you....

FunWithTreasure

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
783
Reaction score
347
Golden Thread
0
....my favorite teller says to me as I walked up to her. She hands me these bills and 2 40% halfs..I was very happy..She gave me a

1934 $20
1934D $10
1963 Red Seal Star $5
and 2 2003 Stars
as well as the 2 halfs...I love this teller..
 

Attachments

  • Bills.webp
    Bills.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 377
  • Bills.webp
    Bills.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0
So are you gonna propose to her or am I? :icon_scratch:

;D

Looks like they are the "poor mans" gold certificates. Awesome
Do they say redeemable in gold in the small text besides the head?
 
TreasureFiend said:
So are you gonna propose to her or am I? :icon_scratch:

;D

Looks like they are the "poor mans" gold certificates. Awesome
Do they say redeemable in gold in the small text besides the head?

No it says This Note is legal tender for all debts public and private, and is redeemable in lawful money at the united states treasury, or at any federal reserve bank.

LOL..She is all yours as long as I get to keep on getting the currency..
 
that is why it pays to make friends with the tellers,and be nice to all of them even the ones that treat you like crap. i always smile and say thank you no matter what. the other day i was at my dump bank and i had a teller call me over to the line and she gave me a 1967 kennedy.
 
Pretty nice teller you have there! I'd bring her some donuts!
 
Great teller!!!
 
FunWithTreasure said:
TreasureFiend said:
So are you gonna propose to her or am I? :icon_scratch:

;D

Looks like they are the "poor mans" gold certificates. Awesome
Do they say redeemable in gold in the small text besides the head?

No it says This Note is legal tender for all debts public and private, and is redeemable in lawful money at the united states treasury, or at any federal reserve bank.

LOL..She is all yours as long as I get to keep on getting the currency..

oh ok. I went looking through my bills and found both.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2056.webp
    IMG_2056.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_2057.webp
    IMG_2057.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 305
Holy moly. That Teller is one nice person. Give them a big hug and send some good karma their way!!
 
as i have stated before i am a police officer in my home town. the funny thing about those 1928 series bills is they won't mark with one of those fake pens the bank uses to check bills. we get a call at least once amonth from a bank teller that says she has found a fake bill LOL. i just go to the bank and tell her/him i will take the bill and buy it from them. i say nothing else. got quite a few that way, and the teller always looks dumbfounded, i told one to call me everytime she gets one and gave her my card :D :D :D
 
silvercop said:
as i have stated before i am a police officer in my home town. the funny thing about those 1928 series bills is they won't mark with one of those fake pens the bank uses to check bills. we get a call at least once amonth from a bank teller that says she has found a fake bill LOL. i just go to the bank and tell her/him i will take the bill and buy it from them. i say nothing else. got quite a few that way, and the teller always looks dumbfounded, i told one to call me everytime she gets one and gave her my card :D :D :D

Awesome!!!
 
Thats awesome that your teller will hold them for you, my teller the other day asked me if i was interested in old paper currency at all, i told her yes so she will be pulling any old bills she notices for me :D
 
silvercop said:
as i have stated before i am a police officer in my home town. the funny thing about those 1928 series bills is they won't mark with one of those fake pens the bank uses to check bills. we get a call at least once amonth from a bank teller that says she has found a fake bill LOL. i just go to the bank and tell her/him i will take the bill and buy it from them. i say nothing else. got quite a few that way, and the teller always looks dumbfounded, i told one to call me everytime she gets one and gave her my card :D :D :D

I saw that happen at McDonalds once.....they absolutely refused to take this lady's 1950 $10 bill (she had two of them)... I would have bought them, but I had no cash on me.
 
I was talking to my local coin dealer a few weeks ago about halves. Told him I loved spending them to see the reaction people give. He said he used one at a walmart not long ago. The girl at the register looked at it, flipped it over, and kept staring at both sides for a while. Then she looked up at him and said, "is this like a dollar or something?" He told her it was a half dollar,and she replied, "I cant take this." Kids these days.
 
Narthoniel said:
I was talking to my local coin dealer a few weeks ago about halves. Told him I loved spending them to see the reaction people give. He said he used one at a walmart not long ago. The girl at the register looked at it, flipped it over, and kept staring at both sides for a while. Then she looked up at him and said, "is this like a dollar or something?" He told her it was a half dollar,and she replied, "I cant take this." Kids these days.

You really wanna screw with young cashiers, pay with a $2 bill, Susan B $1, or an Ike $1... ;D
 
TreasureFiend said:
Narthoniel said:
I was talking to my local coin dealer a few weeks ago about halves. Told him I loved spending them to see the reaction people give. He said he used one at a walmart not long ago. The girl at the register looked at it, flipped it over, and kept staring at both sides for a while. Then she looked up at him and said, "is this like a dollar or something?" He told her it was a half dollar,and she replied, "I cant take this." Kids these days.

You really wanna screw with young cashiers, pay with a $2 bill, Susan B $1, or an Ike $1... ;D

I used to occasionally pay with a combination of $2 bills, SBA $1, and half dollars..... :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom