I got this at a yard sale the other weekend

deb

Jun 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this at a yard sale in prescott az, it appears to be brass, almost a bronze color. The woman stated from her knowledge it was over a hundred years old, they have had it for 10 yrs boxed up and her mother or grandmother had it before her. It has an egyptian design. I am trying to figure out time frame and value. It is approx 13 in. high, 23 in. in the widest part towards the bottom. I paid $20 for it. It does appear. to be old and there is a lot of detail in this. Anyone out there if you could help me determine the age or any idea of where to look for information on this that would be great. It looks like islamic/egyptian/hebrew writing, with eygptian type design all over this. I was amazed at all the detail on this. Any info would be great, and here are 4 pictures to show the different views of the vase. Email is [email protected]

side1.jpg side2.jpg
side3.jpg side4.jpg

Last edited:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm certainly no expert in this kind of stuff, as it all looks the same to me. But it looks like every other fancy brass/bronze piece I've ever picked up. The kind that usually has a sticker saying it's from India or another country in that area. Hopefully what you got is actually old.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert on this stuff either. I usually don't give brass items a second look. That being said, your piece does appear to be hand hammered versus machine stamped, so it has that going for it. Whether they still do that I couldn't tell you.:icon_scratch: Here is something that looks similar in decoration, don't know what it sold for but they list it as 18-19th century. 18-19th Century Middle Eastern Engraved Brass Vase (item #616202)

Yours may be modern or it may be from one the Egyptian revival periods. :dontknow: Sorry, not much help with this one. You should take it to someone that specializes in Middle Eastern antiquities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread