I got TimZimm dumps - orange & pink painted halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got TimZimm' dumps - orange & pink painted halves

It was very disturbing to get 2 boxes of orange & pink painted halves today. Its bad enough getting skunked & its even far worser to look at 80% of destroyed coins. Any serious coin collector would never destroy any kind of coin. I for one have respect for all coins & I have respect for other collectors. I would never destroy any coin in any way, shape or form. Who cares where your searched coins end up? Please stop foolishly & illegally painting & marking coins. Also, it takes the fun out of searchiing. You can't edge search because of all the painted edges. It just sickens me to see ameurish CRHers doing such damage. Don't you know its illegal to deface & mar coins? I would rather see shiny clads than painted ones. Stop it with the idiotic painting will ya? Jjjjjeeeeessssshhhhhh.

Upvote 0

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck, no TD banks here will take your bags... so good luck with that. You want to stand in front of a machine and dump bags in for 3 hours, knock yourself out. If I see you, I'll laugh my ass off at the thought of someone so petty they'd act like a nine year old when things don't go there way.

Sorry if you can't take the truth, Timmy, but you have more money than sense and you're gonna wear out your welcome within a couple years, max.

Keep it classy, buddy. It's nice to know you don't even respect us collectors...

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bunch of cry babies lol keep dumpin the pink and orange i just hope these guys get full boxes of them

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, no TD banks here will take your bags... so good luck with that. You want to stand in front of a machine and dump bags in for 3 hours, knock yourself out. If I see you, I'll laugh my ass off at the thought of someone so petty they'd act like a nine year old when things don't go there way.

Sorry if you can't take the truth, Timmy, but you have more money than sense and you're gonna wear out your welcome within a couple years, max.

Keep it classy, buddy. It's nice to know you don't even respect us collectors...
Please help me understand after you save a clad coin what ever year?? do you keep getting more?? of the same coin?? If so why. can you sell them?? Or is that all you can save?? I have a few and i ask my self why?? There not even copper?? And i don't have that much money.It would be nice if you clad lovers would keep all the clad and leave us silver hunters the silver. Well good luck and thanks for all the kind words.

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I save high end clad coins, yes, and I can assure you that some of the clad I have found is worth more than ANY silver coin you have ever found. Hell, the nicest non-silver I have found and had slabbed last sold for over $500... But go ahead, keep painting and ruining coins... Like I said, real classy. Shows a ton of respect for others. You're just greedy and egotistical.

If you can afford to search 100 boxes a week as you like to brag, then you do have money and your disconnect from less fortunate individuals is absolutely sickening.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try one last time to show you clad lovers the light and i hope you see a very bright light. Any one that marks coins does it so they can track there dumps. If they get to many dumps back they can change there dump banks. I now bring $10.000 to $15.000 in dumps to ac every week end I go there anyway its 120 miles away. I DO NOT GET MY DUMPS BACK. CAN YOU SEE ANY LIGHT YET?? So My adea allso is if the crh in my area get tons of painted dumps they might stop crh in my area!! I did 28 boxes today and some of my boxes had half painted coins. So what will i stop crh no way i will do more. i THINK WEST CHESTER PA WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO DUMP?? Good luck to all.

I'm just a newbie so forgive my ignorance. But my gut reaction to the painted coins is, yes it does deface the coins terribly and it does take the "fun" out of it for some people including my self but any idiot can see why you do it. I will some it up in The immortal words of Ice T "Don't hate the Player hate the game". I can't stand the thought of what he is doing either, too me a coin is beautiful but at the same time I'm no fool and if I can pay my mortgage painting coins. You better believe I am painting those coins. After all at the end of the day were talking about a lunk of metal with art on it. We are not talking life or death here, if we were it would be different.

That being said, seriously you better sleep with one eye open bro,At the moment the government is "humoring us". You think they don't exactly what were doing? They let it slide because its one small enough scale and most of the public has noooo clue what is going on. If and when that changes we could be shut down overnight. But FIRST some men in suits may be paying you a visit, it will be a bad visit. I'm sure that you have weighed your risk/reward ratio on what your doing. 5 years in the pokey buddy...... I don't know about you but my freedom is priceless and so is my virginity. It's just a fun side hobby for the time being until the government either makes it illegal or cull out all the metal themselves(which is what will eventually happen if it is not already)so in the end I think it's not really worth the coinmarking. Years from now the only coins that are left will be butt ugly painted coins.

I think if you feel your strategy is nessecary, you should invest in a way to mark your coins without getting caught. I'm mean SERIOUSLY dude, your going to slap pink and green paint all over them? Why not just poke the US Government with a Sharp stick and see what happens. You think they are not serious about the currency when it comes to being humiliated in the public view. Because thats what this is for them should it become common public knowledge. DONT RUIN IT for everybody else who actually enjoys the hobby. Know matter how many coins you paint you won't be able to buy that yacht your dreaming of so what the point?

Lastly I wanna say no hard feelings I really can understand your side of it and in the end it all boils down to "don't hate the player hate the game" remember it's only metal.

Oh and this may be a stupid question but, isn't there some less obvious way you could "mark" your coin so it's not so freaking ugly and obvious to anybody with a a pulse whats happening ?... I know the paint is super easy, fast and unmistakeable but there HAS to be some kind of mark that you could make that would not be so dramatic but still get the job done. For the 5 years of your life it will cost you I think it would be worth investigating.
Maybe if some members brainstorm this idea the people who are really bothered by it can give the guy a viable alternative. Thus making everyone happy.
My 2 cents

Last edited:

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
When a player twists the game to screw everybody else, the whole "Don't hate the player, hate the game," crap goes out the window. But that's cool, TZ doesn't want to show us collectors any respect, he certainly won't get any from me.

I'll call him out on his greed and selfishness every chance I get.

Last edited:

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That being said, seriously you better sleep with one eye open bro,At the moment the government is "humoring us". You think they don't exactly what were doing?

Do you KNOW with CERTAINTY what the .gov is thinking? How? IMO they dont even know what they are thinking. Ill wager they dont really know or care at the moment, CRHing has been going on for ever. The people who have received visits from the FBI have been visited due to SARs being filed on them, they were being investigated for potential fraud IIRC.

But FIRST some men in suits may be paying you a visit, it will be a bad visit. I'm sure that you have weighed your risk/reward ratio on what your doing. 5 years in the pokey buddy...... I don't know about you but my freedom is priceless and so is my virginity.

What are you talking about? CRHing is not illegal, coloring coins is not illegal, and owning silver is not illegal. So why would it be a bad visit? Jail time? WTF are you smoking?

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help me understand after you save a clad coin what ever year?? do you keep getting more?? of the same coin?? If so why. can you sell them?? Or is that all you can save?? I have a few and i ask my self why?? There not even copper?? And i don't have that much money.It would be nice if you clad lovers would keep all the clad and leave us silver hunters the silver. Well good luck and thanks for all the kind words.
Oh and this...........lol yea, dude some people like clad if let's say it's in better condition then most.....duh, but by painting maybe your actually creating a whole new thing for us to hunt. In twenty years the most valuable coins will be clad coins with no DEFACING eh hem......or markings.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your saying that the government has never gone around the laws to stop something from happening that they didn't agree with? No my friend with all due respect WTF are you smoking?

Redundant post, oops

Last edited:

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you talking about? CRHing is not illegal, coloring coins is not illegal, and owning silver is not illegal. So why would it be a bad visit? Jail time? WTF are you smoking?
When did I say coin roll hunting,coloring coins or owning silver is illegal?
So your saying that the government has never gone around the laws to stop something from happening that they didn't agree with? No my friend with all due respect WTF are you smoking?

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seen the national debt lately? The federal government spends hundreds of millions the way we spend 50 cents at a vending machine, all the silver left in circulation is small potatoes in comparison. There will be no "no knock" warrants executed on CRHers. Get a grip.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen the national debt lately? The federal government spends hundreds of millions the way we spend 50 cents at a vending machine, all the silver left in circulation is small potatoes in comparison. There will be no "no knock" warrants executed on CRHers. Get a grip.

I see your point but I respectfully disagree, cheers.

I have to add. If what your saying was true, then why would the government have tripped out and banned the penny when they learned of Pincher Processing,Huh?

The government never WANTS to be humiliated of course. But that doesn't meant it doesn't happen. In case of national debt and such , well they just can't help themselves.....there is no way to hide that much money, not even the gov can do that. But they damn sure don't need extra embarrassment from some guy nicknamed Tim on a " treasurehuntingwebsite" defacing coins by the thousands for a few extra hundred a month. Seriously this is such a baaaad idea its shocking.Please, I'm am by NOOO means a conspiracy guy, I ridicule my bro in law for being into that crap but this happening is already public knowledge.... I don't need a grip , I already got a grip its oiled and ready. What I'm smoking. It's green, sticky, icky, sweet and a wonderful gift from god. If you have never tried, you should your missing out. Unless your weak of mind then I don't recommend any thing other than water and milk for the greenhorn. You have been destroyed. Thank you good day.

Last edited:

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i was 5 years old 50 years ago. my mother would put red nail polish on quarters that were used in the pool table. She owned a bar and the pool table owner would give her her money back that was painted red. And you all should know that some one like me can;t paint more then 60.000 coins a week so whats the big deal???

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hell, the nicest non-silver I have found and had slabbed last sold for over $500...

Please elaborate, I don't believe that for a second. TimZim is doing nothing wrong, illegal, or immoral. Quit your complaining and don't participate if you don't agree with how members do things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
TimZim said:
When i was 5 years old 50 years ago. my mother would put red nail polish on quarters that were used in the pool table. She owned a bar and the pool table owner would give her her money back that was painted red. And you all should know that some one like me can;t paint more then 60.000 coins a week so whats the big deal???

You have something seriously screwed up in your head... I can easily remove red nail polish with a soak in acetone... Paint permanently damages the coins. In addition, we are not talking about one bar here, we are talking about someone who marks and destroys somewhere north of $1,000,000 in halves a year! Get your head out of your ass.

Last edited:

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see your point but I respectfully disagree, cheers.

I have to add. If what your saying was true, then why would the government have tripped out and banned the penny when they learned of penny pincher? Huh?

Because cents are still in circulation, and they believed that the reduction of cents from circulation would cause a shortage. If they believed silver was an issue they would have banned the melting of junk silver coins at the same time. They didn't.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have something seriously screwed up in your head... I can easily remove red nail polish with a soak in acetone... Paint permanently damages the coins. In addition, we are not talking about one bar here, we are talking about someone who marks and destroys somewhere north of $1,000,000 in halves a year! Get your head out of your ass.

You should be thanking him for making the value of your so called 500 dollar clad coins worth more in the future then....and paint comes off with paint thinner you goof balls ...ive spent a life time in the auto body biz and i can tell you go to car quest and buy some paint thinner and the paint will wipe right off...so quit cryin

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think i even painted 1 coin??? How do you know anything what i did. I think your the guy thats doing it not me??? And by the way the paint i have seen come off easy with your finger nail!! And what about the gold coins with obaooooma on them. I guess your the kind of guy that will never see the light!! I don't care got it clad lover

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
crhstreetwalker said:
Please elaborate, I don't believe that for a second. TimZim is doing nothing wrong, illegal, or immoral. Quit your BlTCHING and don't participate if you don't agree with how members do things.
Sorry, but someone has to say it... I don't have a problem with marking on a small scale, but to destroy thousands of coins a week? Dick move. He isn't doing anything illegal but that doesnt mean that collectors like myself don't find it immoral or wrong... Those are opinions.

By the way, 1999 Wide AM, PCGS MS64 RD. Last auction I saw was somewhere around $650. Found in a customer roll of cents last year. If you want a half that I found that was worth good money, '83-P no FG. MS64 or so, will be on my next submission.

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
dustytrails123 said:
You should be thanking him for making the value of your so called 500 dollar clad coins worth more in the future then....and paint comes off with paint thinner you goof balls ...ive spent a life time in the auto body biz and i can tell you go to car quest and buy some paint thinner and the paint will wipe right off...so quit cryin

I can tell you a coin treated in that manner would be considered damaged. I would love to see you properly clean off a once high grade painted coin and get it slabbed problem-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread