What's new

I got to work on a Civil War movie! Free Copies!

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to work on a Civil War short film (39 minutes long) called "The Twilight's Last Gleaming" last year! It was a blast. It was done by a local church and I got to play with some really nice cameras. Anyway, it's the story about a group of soldiers trying to survive and is set about the time of the Gettysburg Campaign. (Hint you can find it on Amazon if you want to look it up.) Anyway, I have about 25 copies I can give away. If you want one absolutely for free PM me and I'll get one mailed to you. It's Region 0 so will play in the US and Canada, but should play on a computer using Windows Media Player anywhere. (Hint, I'm the good looking one.)
 
I got my copy, and it's very well done. Photography is very good, and they paid close attention to authenticity.
Thanks for sending it to me. I haven't watched the other two yet, but I'll do that soon. Naturally it's low budget, but again, well done and I liked it.
 
Thank you so much. And could not of come at a better time. There is nothing on TV right now :) Thank you so much again
 
Got more and they really are free. That's because they're a ministry of my church. Some God content involved but historically accurate Civil War period and also have a few copies left of a short done in WW2.
 
I helped with historical accuracy and some financial contribution, so I have about 200 copies here. Gathering dust......The film is physically on six different continents. Not too bad for amateurs. Dumb penguins in Antarctica didn't pay their cable bill so we don't have any down there, although there are a few in New Zealand and Australia. I helped do a commercial for another film and they broadcast our audio trailer on Sirius XM Satellite radio. Kind of weird knowing your voice has been broadcast into space. Guess I won't make a good rock star or movie star. I suppose if the mothership (har har) gets the broadcast they'll leave and never come back. Oh well, back to digging relics.
 
Smokey do you have more?
 
Yes, send me a PM with your address and I'll mail it out. Or your neighbor's address if you're paranoid like the rest of us.:laughing7:
 
I'm not paranoid. I welcome people to come by!! I need visitors;) btw sent u a pm
 
Got more and they really are free. That's because they're a ministry of my church. Some God content involved but historically accurate Civil War period and also have a few copies left of a short done in WW2.

Smokey, PM sent. I would appreciate it
 
In the movie, are you gonna be the grey furry one with white hair on your chest?
 
Yes, Austin, that's me. Actually, we have a spoiled rotten pet horse in it. No cats. I am not actually in the film.
 
Received my DVD yesterday! Thank you so very much...can't wait to watch it.
 
smokeythecat……… Your DVD came in the mail today … ThankYou. . I will get to watch it on Wednesday night … Thank's again.. keppy... DSCN0071.webp
 
I haven't gotten mine yet;(
 
The last ones were sent out Saturday, so if you haven't got one you should have it tomorrow, Canada will take to the end of the week.
 
Hi, This is Sanddigger, I Just wanted to Thank you Very much for sending me this Great dvd. next Stop.. Holiwood CA.
 
No, next stop, the US Copyright office. I got the "first burn" of a new film we are completing. We are in the "tweak" stage and it will be done as in burn it by March 1.

It's Called "Mary Regina" and features a kid with a metal detector looking for pirate treasure! Most of it is set in 1837 and if you liked "The Twilight's Last Gleaming", wait till you see this one. ar-har pirates!

AND I got final approval from our board of directors to do a film shooting starting in March or April. The film is still in the "utmost secret" stage and I s set during the last week of the Civil War. BTW I have the last two copies to mail out, it will get done tomorrow or Tuesday. I had the furnace break, oh what a distraction.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom