I guess my bank switched.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't knock it till you try it, maybe they will be good.
HH

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really want to try a bank that has something other than this loomis, brinks would be nice..

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I really want to try a bank that has something other than this loomis, brinks would be nice..

I dump into Brinks so if you were in my area and looking for halves, you wouldn't want Brinks. Lol

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area, my main source is Garda, once in a blue moon I will get a box from either out of region(a different FED district), or a different carrier, i don't think it matters what service you search, they should basically be all the same... except, keep in mind;

brinks culls silver and is silver free.
Loomis doesn't exist, brinks actually owns Loomis... kind of like Sam's club owns walmart,
Garda is copperless and are currently perfecting their silver culling machinery,
Dumbar is just plan bad as most crh'ers dump into their supply...

j/k
hh

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brinks culls silver and is silver free.
Loomis doesn't exist, brinks actually owns Loomis... kind of like Sam's club owns walmart,
Garda is copperless and are currently perfecting their silver culling machinery,
Dumbar is just plan bad as most crh'ers dump into their supply...

j/k
hh

I have to differ with you I just got a really nice Brinks box last week, really nice and have gotten several Brinks MWR at a couple of branchs lately with silver. If you are talking dimes I agree Brinks stinks

Loomis is a public held European Co it is not owned by Brinks unless they just bought them out in the last month or so and their website has not let been updated

Loomis - About Us

I have gotten some pretty go finds lately from Loomis also but kind of hit or miss

Last edited:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to differ with you I just got a really nice Brinks box last week, really nice and have gotten several MWR at branch lately with silver. If you are talking dimes I agree Brinks stinks

Loomis is a public held European Co it is not owned by Brinks unless they just bought them out in the last month or so

Loomis - About Us

Loomis is so god-dang cheap, drive around in van's they buy off craigslist, put some fancy stuff around it. NEVER saw an 'armored truck' by loomis, EVER. they are not professionals and they are not secure vehicles, they are pieces of junk that should not be on the streets. I doubt Brinks or any other company would even consider buying loomis, it would just hurt their reputation.

DSCF0118.JPG

2013 model. This is a step up, from what those cheap-o's usually use. they usually use an old beat up dodge (or chevy) utility van, put some aeordynamic molding around it, and slap a cheap sticker on it. loomis is alright for me sometimes, but, I can EASILY see why banks keep dropping them left and right, they simply are not safe. ACU, your bank dropped loomis, because of they wanted a more secure company.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to differ with you I just got a really nice Brinks box last week, really nice and have gotten several Brinks MWR at a couple of branchs lately with silver. If you are talking dimes I agree Brinks stinks

Loomis is a public held European Co it is not owned by Brinks unless they just bought them out in the last month or so and their website has not let been updated

Loomis - About Us

I have gotten some pretty go finds lately from Loomis also but kind of hit or miss

Guessing that you missed his "J/K" remark. He was just kidding.

OP
OP
ACUcoinHunter

ACUcoinHunter

Feb 9, 2013
Well my dime box netted me a 64D and this foreign coin.

Attachments

• image-3174862533.jpg
    image-3174862533.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1292085100.jpg
    image-1292085100.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 124

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Loomis is so god-dang cheap, drive around in van's they buy off craigslist, put some fancy stuff around it. NEVER saw an 'armored truck' by loomis, EVER. they are not professionals and they are not secure vehicles, they are pieces of junk that should not be on the streets. I doubt Brinks or any other company would even consider buying loomis, it would just hurt their reputation.

2013 model. This is a step up, from what those cheap-o's usually use. they usually use an old beat up dodge (or chevy) utility van, put some aeordynamic molding around it, and slap a cheap sticker on it. loomis is alright for me sometimes, but, I can EASILY see why banks keep dropping them left and right, they simply are not safe. ACU, your bank dropped loomis, because of they wanted a more secure company.

Well, I guess that is how it is in your "hood". In my town I only see Garda, Dunbar, or Brinks armored trucks. But in the next closest and large Metro area I see large Loomis armored trucks that look just like the Brinks, etc. trucks.

OP
OP
ACUcoinHunter

ACUcoinHunter

Feb 9, 2013
Well the second coin is Turkish from the early 1900s. Couldn't find anymore info on it. Help needed.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DSCF0118.JPG

Loomis is pretty big around me (and my main dump). I've never seen a van like that. They have the full armor trucks around here but they are at least 13-15yr old internationals. I've ran a fleet of internationals for years so I know em well. Talked to a guard inside a branch who like the old trucks and he said he was pushing 800k mi on his truck. I told him I would be glad to lighten the load on the old girl so she could make it back home; but he didn't laugh...

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would any bank care what their money is delivered in and how safe the vehicle is. Isn't it the responsibility of the armored car service for what they are carrying until it is sitting in the vault of the bank and signed for?

I could care less if my coins were delivered to my bank in a clown car full of diapered penguins, as long as it is there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread