What's new

I guess my bank will now have to be my dump bank.

Scott (Mich)

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2007
Messages
496
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my main bank today and they had no halves at all. The teller told me that someone came in and bought what few they had.

I bought ten dollars worth of nickels and only got a 1946. I usually average at least 2-4 per roll.

Then a few minutes ago I was talking to my friend whose wife is the branch manager there. He told me that a week ago a lady brought in a bunch of old coins and asked if anyone there had wanted to buy them. Come to find out one of the tellers is a coin collector and snapped them up. They got quite a few for just over face value. The only comment was that the teller paid $150 and got a few worth more then $200 each...dang.

I had always wondered why I could never seem to get any keepers from there.

I guess if you really want to be a serious CRHer get a job at a bank.

Happy Hunting.

Scott (Mid-Mich)
 
Upvote 0
I think every teller at my main bank saves coins, at least the older ladies do.

I made one teller quite mad at me yesterday, when I brought in $2,000.00 worth of halves. She told me it was ridiculous that I would bring that many in to her. I told her "At least you won't have to order any for awhile!" ;D Needless to say she was not amused.
 
I see a lot of old tellers are savvy to silver.
I had a young teller bring me 2 blue marked rolls from the vault the other day and an old grouch jumped away from her customer and yelled that she was going to buy them! - They were her stash! it was embarrassing. I really wonder what was in those rolls?
 
silver what else can you think it was.
 
That is the sorta thing where you demand to see the bank manager, and demand they sell those rolls to ya! ;D

Ah well.

It is ok....Karma will go right around and bite those evil teller ladies on the a$$.
;D
 
hehe, I had that happen yesterday, went into a bank and they had 8 half's, I said I would take them all. The guy behind the counter date checked them before he gave them too me, he said that one is silver and got depressed and hesitated. so a lot of tellers must horde.

On the other hand this hobbie is great, I get to find silver, get hit on by cute tellers...and some fat ones and enjoy the thrill of the chase :)

So far so good, I have been at it only a week here and I think I am doing ok with 9 90% and 22 %40 its someting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom