I guess this is where I should go to find out about this.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys I’ve been pretty fortunate working a fort in Louisiana that in late 1600s early 1700s the French built their fort shortly after then the Spanish took over and built a bigger fort. Now this Fort is alongside a bayou and I metal detected over the bayou because I thought if I was A young kid stationed there with nothing to do I want to fire the cannon a monks other things which paid off for me because I did find a French 8 pound cannonball which is very rare some large grape shot some small grape shot and I even found a pristine 1809 eight reales that I got a banner for. It was a very hard place to madly tact because you had to break through white shells red brick oyster shells and I just happen to have the best shovel that would break through. So now I went looking through my junk that I usually will put in a Folgers coffee bucket and I just went looking through my smalls for really nothing in particular and I ran across this just let me know is in my eyes or does this look like a script I like the one I found at the fort you tell me. IMG_2884.jpg

Now that is the French “I” infantry coat button I found with nothing in the circle and then I looked at this thing IMG_0525.jpg
IMG_0526.jpg
Or my eyes playing tricks on me?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions