What's new

I had a blast today at an old home site.....

Jim C.

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Me and the newbie from last year, I guess he is not a newbie anymore, went door knockin. First house we stop at my friend went to ask and got shot down. Next house it was my turn, the owner, an older gentleman, was outside. I begin my speel and he then asks me if I know Troy Ganton? I say oh no, he has been here? I ask if he would mind if my friend and I try anyway, he said no problem.
Man did Troy miss a bunch. I had my best Indian head day ever and if I count the two I gave the signals to, to my buddy, I found 11. Wow!! The only coin my buddy found by himself was a 1941 quarter.
The funnest hole was the one with the 1855 large cent and the two indian heads that were stuck together, a 1863 fatty and a 1868 that woulda been in great shape if not stuck to the fatty. There was some kind of material stuck to them too as you can see in the photo. Cool stuff. There was also a stragler in the hole as well, another indian, 1867. The best condition is the 1879 with full liberty. I gave them all a quick bath and hopfully some of them can clean up better. What a fun time!! Got a 1925 merc to boot. I like the little toy gun and the cracker jack token too. Not one wheatie was found and the only modern coin found was a 1989 nickel. Crazy!! The dates of the Indian heads are, 1863, 1867, 1868, 1879, 1881, 1883, 1885, two 1891s. My buddys were a 1865 and a 1896. Very fun time out.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 065.webp
    Picture 065.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Picture 066.webp
    Picture 066.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Picture 068.webp
    Picture 068.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 259
  • Picture 069.webp
    Picture 069.webp
    17 KB · Views: 254
  • Picture 070.webp
    Picture 070.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 249
  • Picture 073.webp
    Picture 073.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Picture 074.webp
    Picture 074.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Picture 067.webp
    Picture 067.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 246
You are the IH king Jim, wow what a yard, you sure know how to humble a guy! Congrats are in order! D
 
Now that is a pretty stinkin good hunt! Congrats on all the oldies! Don't you love doing an old place after someone else :headbang: :icon_thumleft:and cleaning up!
 
Amazing!.....excellent hunt Jim, and way to clean up after Troy!!....I've heard his name several times so that gives me hope. I thought you were changing your strategy this year... :laughing7: Dang sweet hunt bro, a big congrats on that nice looking LC, and all those injuns, got some great lookin coins there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
postalgriff said:
Amazing!.....excellent hunt Jim, and way to clean up after Troy!!....I've heard his name several times so that gives me hope. I thought you were changing your strategy this year... :laughing7: Dang sweet hunt bro, a big congrats on that nice looking LC, and all those injuns, got some great lookin coins there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah, I think my strategy flew out the window. I was just kidding myself, I love the oldies.
 
Awesome Day!! What a great place you found! Congrats on the LC and a bunch of IHs :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
 
Holy Crap! That had to of been a blast! Excellent!
 
Just call me "Troy" ...seriously tho, great finds!
 
That was one heck of a yard!! Big congrats on the LC and Indians Jim :thumbsup: Excellent! :hello2:
 
Sweetness of a hunt, Jim. :headbang: Congrats on the LC and all the IH's. Neat looking gun, too. WTG :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

HH
 
Wow, that's a sweet mess of Indian Heads, Congrats on the LC and merc too!
​
Great hunting :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom