What's new

I had one of my best fresh water hunts tonight!

SNF101480

Full Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
206
Reaction score
127
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one of my best water hunts tonight!

I headed out after dinner and spent about 2 hours detecting in the water. I found 5 pennies, 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 1 Canadian dime and two junk earrings. Every target I dug including trash is in the picture showing all the finds. As for the good stuff, I found a 1957 Wheatie, a 1928 Buffalo Nickel, a 1958 Silver Roosevelt dime, a 1964 Silver Roosevelt dime, and last but definitely not least my heaviest gold ring find yet! It's old 10k and weighs 12.7 grams.
 

Attachments

  • 07:10:12 total of finds.webp
    07:10:12 total of finds.webp
    206.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 07:10:12 water hunt heavy gold.webp
    07:10:12 water hunt heavy gold.webp
    409.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 07:10:12 best finds.webp
    07:10:12 best finds.webp
    310.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really nice finds,Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:
 
nice hunk of gold! congrats
 
Nice and heavy ring, congrats!
 
Great ring! Congratulations!
 
nice!! find it on beach line?
 
nice!! find it on beach line?

Hi, no I found everything in the water. I just gridded an area in the water. Once I found the Buffalo Nickel I stopped gridding, and just focused on that specific area. I came across the two silver dimes, and the gold ring within a 10 foot area. Once I got out of that area I started finding some modern pennies and two of the dimes. The fun was over after that lol.
 
GREAT FINDS!!! We will have to drop the boat in and try to hit the other spot if the muds not to deep!!!
 
Last edited:
Very nice finds - I'd be going back to that spot :icon_thumleft:
 
GREAT FINDS!!! We will have to drop the boat in and try to hit the other spot if the muds not to deep!!!
That mud is a real pain George, I hope we can hit that spot, that'd be great.
 
Nice chunk of gold Steve, you have been finding some cool stuff lately.
 
Nice fatty Steve! ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom