What's new

I hate when that happens!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
846
Golden Thread
1
Location
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been staying off my foot because of a heel problem I have. Been getting them stupid cortisone shots in my heel. Well I finally got out for about an hour or so today. Anywhooooo I found a musket ball and a 1700's decorative shoe buckle. Put them both in my pants front pocket. Had a couple errands to do before heading home. When I got home the buckle was a goner! Live and learn .........


Brian
 
sorry to hear about the loss and your foot Brian!! better luck next time!
 
I took my 10 year old out last weekend, and had a super frustrating hunt. We then hit a tot lot, and, as newbies, we were extremely excited to find a dime...which she lost about one minute after we dug it. It must have fallen next to one of the steel posts on the tot lot because I couldn't locate it again!!!!

Tonight, my 7 year old nephew and I dug a dime. He was THRILLED. Then, while I wasn't looking, he put it back in the hole and covered it up again.
 
clovis97,
What your nephew did is called "catch and release". :headbang:
RCW
 
Was out in the Davis mountains, found a cave that had been an outlaw's camp, evidenced by all the left over items and soot on the ceiling. Among the things recovered was a complete five shot percussion pistol in a couple pieces (the only one I ever found). Put it in my son's backpack and let the 10 year old carry it out, got back to the truck and some pieces were missing. Never went back to look for it because it was dark by the time we got back and a long hike, no telling where it was lost...
Good luck on your foot, hope your cordisone shots work better than mine on my knees.
Richard
 

Attachments

  • Family meeting.webp
    Family meeting.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 227

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom