DANGLANGLEY
Silver Member
- Joined
- Oct 3, 2006
- Messages
- 3,120
- Reaction score
- 155
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Lillian, Alabama, U.S.A.
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I have another question about the SE if you all don't mind.
I took my SE over to a spot that has been hunted to death over the years and I was getting a lot of deep coin signals ( 10 inches + ) but when I would pinpoint I would either not get a signal or sometimes I would get a high ferrous reading. I'm using the 10 X 12 SEF coil and hunting in fast recovery, sensitivity at 22, iron mask off. Also, I hesitate to dig a hole there that I'm not positive about because it's in the lawn of a court house built in 1870. Am I missing the goodies by not digging the ones that won't pinpoint that deep and where I get the high ferrous reading when I pinpoint, am I just picking up a target near a coin or is this something that usually happens and I need to pass it up
Thanks for listening.
DANGLANGLEY
I took my SE over to a spot that has been hunted to death over the years and I was getting a lot of deep coin signals ( 10 inches + ) but when I would pinpoint I would either not get a signal or sometimes I would get a high ferrous reading. I'm using the 10 X 12 SEF coil and hunting in fast recovery, sensitivity at 22, iron mask off. Also, I hesitate to dig a hole there that I'm not positive about because it's in the lawn of a court house built in 1870. Am I missing the goodies by not digging the ones that won't pinpoint that deep and where I get the high ferrous reading when I pinpoint, am I just picking up a target near a coin or is this something that usually happens and I need to pass it up
Thanks for listening.DANGLANGLEY







