What's new

I Havent heard the fat lady Sing Yet!! Seated Half!!

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Haven't heard the fat lady Sing Yet!! Seated Half!!

Received permission today for a new field. Not as old as I would like, house on the property is from 1860s.
Was hoping to find older settlement on the fields. But couldn't come up with any signs.
Here is a funny story. So there is a old big pond on this property, by the house. They just drained the pond and getting ready to fill it in. Sooo I thought why dont I see if there any goodies in there before they fill it.
Its dry, at least I thought so. I take 2 steps in and boom, I sink all the way down to my crotch and cant move..
I toss my detector up to dry land and im thinking oh sh-- what now.
I can see the lady about 100yards away and start yelling HELLO!!! HELLO!!! she sees me and starts running. Her and her daughter.
Well im pretty embarrassed at this point, so I say boy what I will do for a BUCKLE..lol.
They start laughing.
They grab my shovel hand it to me and start pulling me out..
Wow, that was the most smelling crap I have ever smelled..lol
So you see my find for the day, and I also got Swamp Butt!!! Sorry for the long story. Just goes to show what we do for Buttons and buckles and seated half dollars..
Thanks for listening.
George.
 
Upvote 58
Super find congrats..HH
 
I see Abe didn't distribute the mojo equally this year but maybe there's hope for 2016. Lol.

That said, you're killing it bud and now it's my turn to say, "You're da man!"

I enjoy watching your luck, but them Eagles...meh...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449886325.717730.webp

Cheers bud

Steve
 
I see Abe didn't distribute the mojo equally this year but maybe there's hope for 2016. Lol.

That said, you're killing it bud and now it's my turn to say, "You're da man!"

I enjoy watching your luck, but them Eagles...meh...
View attachment 1245853

Cheers bud

Steve

Still time to be a Steelers fan like this guy.
 
When I didn't see the pictures at first,, I thought you were referring to your bottom being the Seated Half.
Sure glad you managed to get some help. Beautiful Seated Half. Congrats
 
Really nice Seated half. Great story. Too bad you didn't get them to get a quick photo of you. Nice job on the other finds too!
 
You certainly set the bar very high for consistently making top notch finds! Congrats again on a sweet seated half.

Only fifteen and a half weeks to go buddy! Then I'll show you how to dig Celtic gold and hammered silver!

Thanks Mike,
And I sure hope so!
Can you imagine flipping a plug and seeing 1000s year old gold coin staring back at us???
 
George, your finds and your adventures are both first-rate. Keep 'em coming!
 
Thanks Mike,
And I sure hope so!
Can you imagine flipping a plug and seeing 1000s year old gold coin staring back at us???

It's going to happen!
 
Been there Done that , Can be scary., Did you get your Boots /Shoes Back.

I would have went through that for the Seated Half , & likely just for the Dime.
 
Been there Done that , Can be scary., Did you get your Boots /Shoes Back.

I would have went through that for the Seated Half , & likely just for the Dime.

Lol, yes thank God I wear logging boots that go up to my calf..
 
I think it was a pretty fair trade. I'd take the soaked embarrassment for the seated half. Congrats!
 
That's some serious effort for those beauties- congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
Nice Seated. That's some pretty funny stuff. If only you had your video camera. That would have made for a great detecting video.
Id take swamp butt for a seated half any day. ive actually had similar instances with much less to show for it.
Glad to see youre still able to make some nice finds and the cold weather hasn't shut you down yet.
Was nice today. Jeans and a t-shirt. Almost sent you a text today, but figured you probably didn't want to see #7.
HH Swamp donk.
 
So, your half got seated? I'm confused?
 
Nice Seated. That's some pretty funny stuff. If only you had your video camera. That would have made for a great detecting video.
Id take swamp butt for a seated half any day. ive actually had similar instances with much less to show for it.
Glad to see youre still able to make some nice finds and the cold weather hasn't shut you down yet.
Was nice today. Jeans and a t-shirt. Almost sent you a text today, but figured you probably didn't want to see #7.
HH Swamp donk.

Thanks BP,
Oh no you didn't??? Not another?
 
Nice large silver!
...uh hmm, and where's the pics of you stuck in the bog?
 
Thanks Mike,
And I sure hope so!
Can you imagine flipping a plug and seeing 1000s year old gold coin staring back at us???

Congrats on the great looking silvers.

All I can say is that it's a surreal moment in life and one that you'll always remember, even flipping the plug and seeing a silver that's hundreds of years older then what's possible here is a total rush.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom