What's new

I humbly stand before the M.D. gods!

detectahead

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,564
Reaction score
875
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For they have looked down upon me with a friendly eye and helped guide me to the largest gold ring I have ever found! I am still in disbelief for this is the 7th outing and I have found a gold ring on every hunt and 2 on my last. I went this morning after work for there is not much time left before the water is so cold you want be able to stick your hand in it. I was doing my regular pattern of tic tacing the river and saying to myself "You must be crazy thinking your going to find another gold ring, there's no way!" I was pulling a lot of slaw out and again I said to myself,"The last time you pulled this much slaw you came up with gold, naa, no way!" Then it happened, I got a half way desent signal in some grassy rocks and started prying and digging. I was still getting the signal and reached in and grabbed a handful of rock and gravel, nothing. Another handfull, empty. They say 3 is a charm and in this handfull of rock and gravel on the edge of my palm was "the ring". I was all by myself and I must say that tears of joy started rolling down my face. I stood there for 3 or 4 minutes in awe looking at what I had found. Even now I still look at it and can't believe I found such a ring. This is truly the most wonderful hobby in the world!! HH to all of you T-netters and thankyou for looking at my post. Detectahead
 

Attachments

  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,037
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,101
Upvote 0
Great post , DA!

Congrats on finding that beautiful ring!

Keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • gb.webp
    gb.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,256
Very nice ring. Those rivers are proving to be gold fields!
 
12g's - Whopping... congrats. :icon_pirat:
 
Wowza!!!! That IS a big one!!!! WTG
 
That's a nice'n!!! Congrats :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice chunk of yella :icon_thumleft:
 
Looks like you got a whopper!! WTG
 
Congratulations on the gold ring find. :hello2:
Finding something that large would cause me
to sit down and rest after the "Happy Dance"
was complete. Sweet!! Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
A 12 gram plat last trip, now a 12 gram gold....talk about a hot streak. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:
 
Wow. I've yet to find gold, but posts like this only feed the energy. Thanks and great find! :notworthy:
 
the only tears that were shed was from the guy that lost that ring, great job !!!
 
Sweet find.
The water is cooling down fast up here.
 
crackerjohn said:
the only tears that were shed was from the guy that lost that ring, great job !!!
I burst out in laughter reading thet, very good!
 
Who needs a pan and sluice box in a river when you can find nuggets like that!
 
Nice find! Keep going because in a week or two it will be chilly up there.
 
Congratulations Detectahead on a really nice gold ring.


To be able to find so many gold rings in a river is truly spectacular.

Do you think that the majority of these rings have come from swimmers, tubers, or maybe fishermen?

Just a bit curious on your thoughts here.


WTG!

Ralph
 
That baby has some nice weight to it!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom