What's new

I inherited this artifact, what is it?

rvj

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 29, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently help clean out a distant relative house and rescued a couple buckets of rocks from the dumpster. This one has me curious. It appears to be some kind of tool and is what looks like, hand carved. I posted a video on Youtube and mistakenly said I was posting it on facebook instead of youtube. I don't do facebook. Anyway can someone shed some light of what this might be?
I also have what looks like meteors os something else that I can post also. Anyway, here is the link.
 
Upvote 0
WELCOME NEW MEMBER TO TNET. CANT SAY WHAT YOU HAVE BUT ONE OF THE EXPERTS WILL BE ALONG TO GIVE YOU SOME HELP.
 
Might be the head of a war club???? Also you should post this to the "What is it" forum on this site. Got to Forum at the top left of this page and then slide down to "What is it".
 
:hello: Welcome to TNET! Your item in question is a natural worn rock. It does not appear to have been used as a tool.
 
Thanks for the replies, I never received any emails saying there were replies. I came back to see if any replies had been made and there were these. It is interesting for sure.
 
What you have is not an artifact. It was formed by natural erosion. A harder stone, the bands you see, takes longer to erode that the softer material and it leaves those odd bands and shapes. It is a natural stone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom