I just cant figure it out.

May 10, 2014
Canyon Lake, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 350; Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer x3
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would greatly appreciate any help ID'ing what this is..It was found in the Texas Hill Country in an area where I am finding many items dated from about 1850 to the early 1900's.. the white powdery substance inside is very crumbly and is sealed on the other end. at first I thought maybe some kind of lipstick, but I think it is way too small for that...Any help would be appreciated and If better pics or any add'l info will help please ask or let me know...Thank you in advance for the help...
-Dave
Oh Yeah...It rings up as a 51-52 on the AT PRO..

Attachments

• IMG_8090.JPG
    IMG_8090.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8097.JPG
    IMG_8097.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8098.JPG
    IMG_8098.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8099.JPG
    IMG_8099.JPG
    319.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like a scary looking item to me, this didn't come from near a old mine did it?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T
May 10, 2014
Canyon Lake, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 350; Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer x3
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No mine that I am aware of...But thats just it, I am trying to figure out what the site was where I am finding a HUGE amount of relics dating from the early 1800's through about 1910-11. I have found two holes drilled in the ground that I assumed were test holes for a well one is about 4-5 inches in diameter and another approx 6-8 in. diameter..one item in particular which I was JUST able to ID the other day after MONTHS of cleaning etc... Its a scalpel from a field surgical kit, linked to the Spanish American War made by and stamped "W.R. GOULDING NEW YORK NEW YORK"....In the same area I have found pieces of the same era military "mess Kit"...One web site I found indicates that a 3 prong fork also found in the same area is "civil war related"...But I have my doubts and just cant tie all of it together...the best I can come up with is maybe a well know over night camp site that was used for many years by early settlers or travelers...the area is rich in history of early german Texas immigrants...i included some pics of the scalpel.. IMG_8106[1].JPG IMG_8107[1].JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread