Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just don't know

Two days ago, I was getting ready to go huning. I had two items on my desk...within sight, right by the edge...close enough to get them when I wanted. Got everything all set and ready to go, went to retrieve the items and they were gone! I spent thirty minutes looking for them and finally gave up. Hunted for the rest of the afternoon, get home, look again and still can't find them. Maybe an hour passes by... I sit down at my desk and notice my hand has come to rest on the missing items. :icon_scratch: What the heck? NO way I could have overlooked them!! They were right there. I'll be the first to say that I've lost lots of things over the years, but to have something go missing and then hours later they're right where I knew I left them? How can this be?
I've had several things happen that I just can't understand..this is just the latest. :P :D

Not that old yet, Nana :D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I just don't know

warsawdaddy said:
Not that old yet, Nana

(cough,cough) How long you been blond?
you aint right :D

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Darlin',trust me,there are strange things that do happen,even to me.A couple of weeks ago it happened with me (again).I keep a spotlight on the dining table for when I go out after dark.It sits there every day.I went to get it,no light to be seen.My sis-in-law was here and I asked her,she said yes,it's right there on the table and came to look.We both stood there looking at the table and no light.We looked all over the house,when we came back,there it was on the table.I could mention other happenings but I don't want to get into this too far.Now tell me,were your items 'LiL Debbies?"

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

My wife had a similar incident I believe I've mentioned before.

Her grandmother had given her a knitted hat and scarf in a plastic bag. She left the bag on an end table in our living room and we went out for dinner. When we got back she opened the bag, and the scarf was gone. The bag was right where we had left it, and still sealed. At first, we thought, maybe the dogs? ???

We turned the house upside down looking for the scarf, in the backyard, under the beds, behind all the furniture, but it was nowhere to be found, so we eventually gave up.

About a week later, we woke up and came into the living room, and the scarf was sitting on the floor in front of the television. It was neatly folded, clean and perfectly dry. In other words, not somehting the dogs had been playing with and dragging all over the house and yard. Not a single thread was out of place on the scarf but, even when it was lying on the floor, none of the dogs would go near the thing.

:icon_scratch:

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

warsawdaddy said:
Darlin',trust me,there are strange things that do happen,even to me.A couple of weeks ago it happened with me (again).I keep a spotlight on the dining table for when I go out after dark.It sits there every day.I went to get it,no light to be seen.My sis-in-law was here and I asked her,she said yes,it's right there on the table and came to look.We both stood there looking at the table and no light.We looked all over the house,when we came back,there it was on the table.I could mention other happenings but I don't want to get into this too far.Now tell me,were your items 'LiL Debbies?"

WSD, shhhhh we don't want them thinking you have lost your marbles and locking you up. ::) :wink: ;D

Nana if it makes you feel ANY better a few days ago I put $22 dollars on the counter. I was the ONLY person home. I went back to get it and it was gone! No one had come into the house and I know where I had left it. I still don't have the money. I cannot figure that one out at all. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aa battery said:
warsawdaddy said:
Not that old yet, Nana

(cough,cough) How long you been blond?
you aint right :D

You tell him, aa! :D ME too! :laughing7:

Really though, thanks for the stories you guys posted on the subject! Those were great and I do feel better knowing I'm not the only one it's happend to! :D Here's another....
This was years ago when I live in the burbs. My cousin brought over a big box of drinking glasses and asked if I wanted them. I told her yes, and she left them on the kitchen counter. After our visit, I looked the glasses over and thought I'd wash them and put them away when I got back from watching the kids play ball. Well, when I got back from the ballpark, the box of glasses were gone. :icon_scratch: My door was locked when I left and still locked when I returned...not that anyone would want a box of mismatched glasses anyhow. :P :D
Never found that box..even after packing all my stuff when I went to move years later. ???
So many things I don't understand...

Nana :wink:

claymation

Oct 14, 2007
NM
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

This happens to me all the time.

I work as a carpenter and I'm always looking for a tool or a object I had just a minute ago. I look all over the place and can't find it. I end up going all around the house and find out it was right there behind me the whole time.

It's amazing how much time I spend looking for things.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Nowadays I just think I'm losing my mind, but in my younger years I experienced several things that went VOODOO in the night. I've posted them elsewhere on here, years ago, but if you want to hear them again, let me know. I might even embellish them more next time. Daddy coming up the stairs... Ghost in the graveyard I was trying to tour... Mama's diamond ring thief ghost ... Voice of dead Mom in the yard ... - Noodle

K

Kentucky Kache

Noodle said:
Nowadays I just think I'm losing my mind, but in my younger years I experienced several things that went VOODOO in the night. I've posted them elsewhere on here, years ago, but if you want to hear them again, let me know. I might even embellish them more next time. Daddy coming up the stairs... Ghost in the graveyard I was trying to tour... Mama's diamond ring thief ghost ... Voice of dead Mom in the yard ... - Noodle

Whatcha waitin' fer? ;D

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cache Crazy said:
Noodle said:

Whatcha waitin' fer? ;D

UMM...YEAH! What 'cha waitin' fer? :D I wanna hear those stories, Noodle! 8)

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Nana40 said:
Cache Crazy said:
Noodle said:

Whatcha waitin' fer? ;D

UMM...YEAH! What 'cha waitin' fer? :D I wanna hear those stories, Noodle! 8)

Yeah!What'cha waitin' fer? You've never been lost for words before.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Gosh, ok. The first one ...

Back in another life I lived with my three kids and hubby in a house with a basement in the Pacific Northeast. The master bedroom was downstairs, with stairs leading up to the kitchen. All the kids were between the ages of 3 and 8.

One day the kids and I decided to make some cookies. The (past) hubby worked nights and was asleep in the daytime. This was about lunchtime.

I sat the two younger kids up on the counter and we began to mix the ingredients. Of course we had to be quiet so we wouldn't wake Daddy up. We were having a fun time, with some giggles of course, so we weren't really surprised when we heard the downstairs master bedroom door open and Daddy stomping up the steps. I looked at each of them and said, "Shhhhh, here comes Daddy. Gotta be quiet."

Daddy never showed. A look down the staircase showed the bedroom door still closed. The kids, all super grown now, all remember that episode. We called "him" Charlie. He made himself made more than once.

A few weeks later, I was downstairs in the den/basement/master bedroom area, and had to put my daughter (age 2+) in the bathtub upstairs. She was big enough to bathe, but not quite advanced enough to dry and dress. I could hear her upstairs in the tub splashing and giggling and decided it was just about time to go get her out of the tub, so I headed for the stairs to go take care of her. Just as I approached the stairs, here she comes down the stairs, all dried off and in her little gown! I praised her for doing all that by herself. That was amazing! She took my hug and headed across the room to amuse herself with the others in the room.

A few minutes later I begin to look for her, and not finding her, I headed upstairs to see if she was wandering around upstairs. Well, she was, sorta. Still sitting in the bathtub waiting for me to come get her out, dry her off, and dress her. She'd never gotten out of the tub in the first place.

Next episode tomorrow...

Noodle

K

Kentucky Kache

Oh yeah, this thread is gettin' good.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

;D YEP, it is... reminds me of MY first weird "event", in the Shenandoah Valley, where I was born & raised. My mother & I (was about 4, @ 1955), were with some aunts at Gyspy Hill Park, in Staunton, Virginia; the park had a "kiddies train", that went around & around; my hometown (Shenandoah) was a RAILROAD town, and BOTH grandfathers worked for the RR. I watched that train, go around & around; went off on my own... wandering around & around the park; my mother "panicked". FINALLY, a lady (unknown to me)... found me and took me to my mother; she was VERY happy, and we thanked the lady (NEVER got her name). LATER... "fast-forward" to @ DEC., 1992, and my body lying in a "locked-in state coma (2 1/2 months, by Feb. 1993). During my NDE, my "deceased" older sister, told me, it was HER, that returned me to my mother... ALSO HER
mother... BUT! Evelyn (my older sister) could not tell her THAT! Evelyn, told me, she had been MY "guardian angel", since we BOTH were born with R-H neg. factor "complications"... she died. I died too in 1951, BUT! She "kicked" my spirit back into the physical body & "I" jumped; my grandmother holding me, thought "I" (the baby) was dead. :D I died again at 41, and my wife sez... NOT gonna kill THIS one... he keeps coming back... :D :wink:

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Wow.

Rebel, you got yourself some powerful protection goin' on.

Noodle, the one with your daughter gave me goosebumps.

Very spiffy thread!

Nan

T

trish76642

A few minutes later I begin to look for her, and not finding her, I headed upstairs to see if she was wandering around upstairs. Well, she was, sorta. Still sitting in the bathtub waiting for me to come get her out, dry her off, and dress her. She'd never gotten out of the tub in the first place.

I think i would of had to commit myself after that Noodle! Wow..thats crazy!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o Noodle! :o Ready for the next episode! 8) And Rebel...well, you know there ain't no gettin' rid of a rebel! ;D Exciting stories, ya'll!

Nana :wink:

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300

OK, what the heck. Missing stuff ? Happens around here all the time. Know darned well you set something somewhere and *poof*, never see it again. I've just chalked those up to "senior moments". You know, "it'll turn up some time", but they never do................

Weird story # 1. Years ago, my mother received my great grandmothers mantle clock after she had passed away. Dad worked on it, trying to get the thing to run (he's always been pretty good with clocks), but could never get it running. A number of years passed, and the clock sat on a shelf on my parents dining room hutch. One day, while we were all in the kitchen, we heard a clock chiming the hour. When we went to see where the sound was coming from, it was grandmas mantle clock ! We all commented on how strange it was, then my mother quietly said "Today is great grandmas birthday". The thing has never run or made a sound since.

Weird story # 2. My wife, with her kids and previous husband, lived in an old farmhouse for a number of years. Over the course of their living in that house and in the next house they moved to; someone, or something, caused the bed in one of the bedrooms to raise and drop several inches repeatedly on multiple occasions when someone would try to sleep in it. (They gave up using that bedroom after a while). They watched as dishes flew from the dish drainer across the kitchen to smash on the kitchen floor. Vacuum cleaner cords would 'fly' out of the outlet socket (without the cord being stretched tight) and potted plants hanging in macrame hangers left the hangers and broke on the floor.

Weird story # 3. The year after her father passed away, my wife awoke after falling asleep on the couch, to see her father sitting at the other end of it. He told her "your mother needs you" and vanished. She called her mom - turns out it was her mom & dads wedding anniversary.

Weird story # 4. Two years ago my wife was gravely injured in a fall. During her recovery she practically lived on a hospital bed we had set up in our living room. Also in that living room was a grandfather clock that had belonged to her dad. We hadn't wound it in months. On at least a dozen occasions during the first few weeks of her being home, the clock would "chime" as if it were being bumped or shook - random notes - for 5 - 10 seconds at a time. NOBODY was moving in the room, we do not live in a seismic zone, or near railroad tracks or anything like that, and on one occasion when I looked up into the mechanism while it was "chiming" the little hammers that normally strike the chime bars were not moving. It stopped doing it after a couple weeks, and has never done it since.

Diggem'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread