What's new

I just found a rattlesnake button!

RelicHunter97

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
700
Reaction score
297
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just found a rattlesnake button! (Pictures Added!)

Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I've posted anything!

So today I was metal detecting in the yard of the 1833 farm house I'm currently situated at. Things were going pretty slow (I've been in the yard almost every day for a month), but I had found half a buckle and a 1909 wheat cent earlier (No S or VDB :sadsmiley:) so I was hopeful. Suddenly, I see a couple approaching me, and they come up to me and ask what I was doing, because they had seen me out several times before and were curious. So I explained to them what I was doing and why, and some of the things I had found in the yard, and they seemed pretty interested. The lady told me that their yard used to be a potato field, and she offered it up for me to hunt, without me even asking! I said yes, of course, and they walked me over there, telling me some of the history of the property on the way, and then showing me the boundaries. I get started right away.

In my first pass, I found a 1937 Merc and a wheat cent. Soon after on my return pass I pop out a button. At first I couldn't tell what it was, but it looked awfully familiar. Then I made out the snake! Boy was I excited! So I put it in a separate pocket from my other finds and continued on. I ended up finding a picket spill with a silver roosie and two wheat cents, some nickels, another wheat cent, a pendant, and some whatzits. I'll have pictures up soon, I promise, but I'm not sure where my camera is right now. However, BrokenKnee found one identical to mine, so I will post that image, but it is NOT MY BUTTON, just to be clear. (My button is in poorer condition than the one pictured, unfortunately)

I'm super pumped!
 

Attachments

  • Rattlesnake Button 1.webp
    Rattlesnake Button 1.webp
    190.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Rattlesnake Button 2.webp
    Rattlesnake Button 2.webp
    72 KB · Views: 231
  • Rattlesnake Button 3.webp
    Rattlesnake Button 3.webp
    73.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Rattlesnake Button Reverse.webp
    Rattlesnake Button Reverse.webp
    104.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Upvote 20
Congrats on a rare button find. I would love to find on of those puppies. :notworthy:
 
Yes, that one is similar! Except the Liberty Cap on mine is more bell shaped and smaller
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom