What's new

I just gave up after this....

  • Thread starter Thread starter MiniMe
  • Start date Start date
M

MiniMe

Guest
I've seen so many awesome finds come from our yard - wheats, coppers, silver, buttons... but have yet to find anything but iron myself....one lead round ball is all. I go out for a lil while yesterday afternoon and iron, iron, iron and then I get this sweet sound....dig and see this metal looking disc pop out....my heart fell - thought maybe I had finally found a flat button....turned it over to see white plastic.... :BangHead: :BangHead: I filled the hole and handed the metal detector over to Joe. :laughing7: Very frustrating but oh well...that's why they call it hunting! ;D

100MEDIA$IMAG0533.webp
100MEDIA$IMAG0535.webp
 
Upvote 0
Don't give up! Everyone will always find junk, but there might be silver below the junk, too.
 
try turning up your discrimination, you should be able to knock out most of the iron, but most of all don't give up. Maybe you can pick a spot say 10' x 10' and dig everything in that area, GL and HH
 
Is that a Reale :tongue3:
 
Dont give up, I always have days like that. I pulled nothing but junk for two days, somedays are like that. I dont know if you have tried to use coins and things from your pocket to test you detector but that could help too. I always keep a few things in my pocket just to reset my detector to make sure I am not trippin. My detector will pull out coins and copper but not lead on one setting and will make several different sounds in relic mode. You should use ear phones and really know your beeps and buzz's.
 
MM,
Was it Colonial white plastic at least? :tongue3:
There is silver out there for you in those fields. Don't let Joe get it. :occasion14:
Keep trying.
-MM-
 
sagittarius98 said:
there might be silver below the junk, too.
Don't I know it. There's been silver pulled in places I've hunted around here, but I keep increasing my square nail collection. :laughing7:

MKnTenn said:
Maybe you can pick a spot say 10' x 10' and dig everything in that area, GL and HH
At this point I just dig everything trying to get a better handle on this machine, but I have a pretty good teacher, which helps me a lot. Thanks

civilman1 said:
Is that a Reale :tongue3:
SA :tongue11:...one of these days Alice..lol. :laughing7: :laughing7:

hdmech71 said:
Dont give up, I always have days like that. You should use ear phones and really know your beeps and buzz's.
Thanks HD, I know the MXT pretty well and being with Civilman1, I've got a great teacher. I never hunt without the gray ghosts, just a break in the threshold and I'm checking it out. HH

bluehunter1973 said:
Keep going never quit
Oh I'm not a quiter - the frustration just makes me more determined - I don't give up on anything. HH

ModernMiner said:
MM,
Was it Colonial white plastic at least? :tongue3:

:laughing7: :tongue3:
That was good MM. I don't give up, besides I have to keep swinging - it makes Joe a lil nervous that I might find that Reale before he does...lol :laughing7:
 
I love finding those...not.
 
My best find is a surface find that looked a lot like your plastic disc. I nearly didn't look closer because it looked like a dusty old plastic poker chip among other surface trash. Nope! 1923 Peace silver dollar, beautiful. It's the only silver coin I've found. You may not find your silver on the surface like I did, but you will find silver! I hope yours is a reale or a silver dollar! HH Andi
 
I hit two caps like that the other day at the beach very frustrating but we all go on from there.
 
Dont give up! Most of what ya gonna find is gonna be junk. Most my finds are trash but at least im removing em frm my hunting grounds. And cans n bottles=recycle for crv $$$ ;) better luck to ya my friend
 
my junk pile is in tons, and I'm not kidding. keep at it the goodies will come.
 
Don't know where you are but I bet you junk and trash is older than what I find, so you are not at the bottom of the food chain.
 
Any target just spurs me on to keep going........ junk or good. Of course it might depend on the terrain, junk in rough going might send me elsewhere.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom