Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out for a short hunt at a local beach this morning with the GB pro and honestly I had to laugh when I dug this from the wet sand. I told my wife that it would be easy to make one. Well I guess someone did. Lots of fishing going on close by and I think someone made it while he was making sinkers. Who ever did it he did a good job because it looks just like the one they found on Oak island. IMG_0844.JPG

Upvote 42
OP
OP
Hawks88

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry RTR but I meant that the guys that are fishing around here make their own sinkers for fishing and maybe someone that was watching the tv show figured he could make a lead cross just like the one seen on Oak Island and toss it in the lake for someone to find. When I first dug it out of the wet sand I had a big smile on my face and looked around to see if anyone was watching but nobody was on the beach that day because it was really cold. I still think it’s fake. But it was never made to be a sinker I think it was made as a joke.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry RTR but I meant that the guys that are fishing around here make their own sinkers for fishing and maybe someone that was watching the tv show figured he could make a lead cross just like the one seen on Oak Island and toss it in the lake for someone to find. When I first dug it out of the wet sand I had a big smile on my face and looked around to see if anyone was watching but nobody was on the beach that day because it was really cold. I still think it’s fake. But it was never made to be a sinker I think it was made as a joke.

Yeah but,Whats the odds.Of someone finding it THIS soon ? I could see your theory working after Many years have passed.The show hasen't been aired that long.

OP
OP
Hawks88

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s why I think it was meant to be a joke. Someone saw the show and said geeee I can make that and throw it in the lake, let someone find it and have a laugh.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it was made recently at all. At least it "looks" from the picture to have a lot of patina, black no less, are you sure it is lead ?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a trip to the Oak Island museum with that around your neck and see what kind of reactions you get! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Hawks88

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes heavy for its size. Quite sure it’s lead.

Last edited:

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you better call in an expert!!!

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now we know for sure, they moved the treasure from Oak Island to Niagara falls. Can't wait to watch the new series, "The Curse of Niagara Falls" :laughing7:

OP
OP
Hawks88

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha ha !!! Now that’s funny right there. Love it. Thanks.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know for sure because the patina is all wrong for an old find.

Someone having a laugh.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone call the fat crazy researcher lady from oak island !
Hawk it is a cool find ...but strange !
I know, why is it that nearly every 'EXPERT' I see on TV is clueless.

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard the Templars like to barrel roll over the Falls.
That is quite the hilarious find but what if..................................

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let everyone know that this cross was found on a Lake Ontario beach. Now I think it’s fake but not positive. Oak island is near the mouth of the st. Lawerence river which ends up in Lake Ontario so there was no paddling up the falls lol. I’m just saying. I think it’s funny! But I’ll never know for sure.

Your geography is a little off...Oak Island is on the south shore of Nova Scotia...I live close by and visit there quite often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions