I Just Knew There was Silver There

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out again today and continued hunting my latest permission. I have completed the 1st grid on 50% of the property. I pulled another IHP 1893 (#28 for 2015), :thumbsup:a 1947D Rosie (silver #48),:headbang: & 12 wheats (1930 thru 56D). I also dug the silver back to a pocket watch. I pulled some pieces on Friday from the same watch. I also dug a cool Medina Chapter No.30 R.A.M. Chartered October 22nd 1846 One Penny Token. :thumbsup: This thing rang in as a large cent. When I pulled this big token out, I first thought I had a LC or a clad half due to the color of the coin. The ring gave my heart a race. :3barsgold: I did not know it was junk until I got home & I cleaned it gently. I noticed that some of the gold flaked off. :BangHead:

Notables

20151122_172422.jpg

All Coins and Other Keepers

20151122_172349.jpg

Relics

20151122_172050.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

Upvote 24
I knew you'd find it! Coins fear you. Like the ring, even junk ones will get your heart pumping. Nice finds LD.:beer:

I saw your goal of 50 silvers, is now 2 away...nice!!! My goal of is 50 as well, but I don't know where I'm at, and don't want to know, until end of year....hope you find a couple more before the ground freezes!

3 silver coins in the ground, three silver coins. Dig one out, clean it up, two silver coins in the ground! Yet another IH??? Congrats on finding the back of that pocket watch, looks like it would have been a nice one. Great token as well. Nice day of fun. :occasion14:

Loco, that silver watch back is absolutely stunning! Congrats on a WOWZER of a hunt. Sub 8-)

LD,

Good score on the silver.....should be a few more at that site.

Regards + HH

Bill

Nice finds Loco. That One Penny token is in great shape. Looks like it came out of a yard instead of a field. Our coppers from the fields take a beating from the years of fertilizers used by Mr. Farmer.

Way to go! Nice finds. Looks like you have a good spot there.

it ain't over 'til it's over. get some rest--yer gonna' need it:-)

LD - great finds with a great variety. Love the charter member pieces of history! Keep up the great hunting!...Brad

IS THAT A LEAD HANDLE GIMLET IN PIC 3 BESIDE THE RING......

Excellent finds LD!

That token and pocket watch are tops! You got quite a collection going! :thumbsup:

With what you found there last time, I had little doubt.

Very nice!

I like the equestrian pocket watch case , horse looks familiar reminds me of the Budweiser Clydesdale , good day Locodigger!

dawg

IS THAT A LEAD HANDLE GIMLET IN PIC 3 BESIDE THE RING......

I think it's a metal handled tire repair tool. Pretty rusty, but you can see the screw twisted shaft that reams out the rubber for the plug.

There had to be silver there! I bet you aren't through finding it or cool relics either.

Way to go Loco - Your killin it!!!!! Congrats!
congrats_2.gif

Nice job loco! That silver watch with the etched horse is really cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back