I just made TOP RATED SELLER. Big deal just more eBay BS

Whats your return rate? Mine is only about 2%. All you have to do to discourage returns for buyers remorse is to add a 10% restocking fee

I thought that having a restocking fee also deters buyers.
Thank G-d my return rate is quite low. I think I had 6 in the last year, but I only just started offering free shipping. I had over 300 sales, so I think that makes it 2%. I don't know. I'll think about it.

My return rate is about .33% or 1 out of the last 300 sales, and that was my fault, so I have no problem with the change.

Whats your return rate? Mine is only about 2%. All you have to do to discourage returns for buyers remorse is to add a 10% restocking fee

will feeBay even allow you to charge a fee? If they think the buyer deserves a refund they will just pull it from PP and give it.

will feeBay even allow you to charge a fee? If they think the buyer deserves a refund they will just pull it from PP and give it.

I spoke to PayPal about that once. If you don't have the money in your account, pp is not allowed to go into your bank account and take it. It's illegal for them to take money out of the bank without your permission.

I spoke to Paypal.....It's illegal for them to take money out of the bank without your permission.
If I remember correctly we had to give a backup credit card number for situations like this. Most likely at signup we did give permission for them to take money.

If I remember correctly we had to give a backup credit card number for situations like this. Most likely at signup we did give permission for them to take money.
Yup. I've had money withdrawn from my bank account numerous times for numerous reasons over the years, if my pp account was too low. Also, you are allowed to charge a restocking fee if it's stated in your listing and item is not returned due to damage, defects, or not-as-described in the listing. The last being the most used excuse. This is where detailed photos in a listing can help the seller.

MORE EBAY BS!

I just got this message from fleeBay.
"On May 01, 2016, you'll need to offer a 30 day return policy in most categories to receive eBay Top Rated Plus or Premium Service benefits."

It looks like I am rated TOP RATED in everything, but that does not matter to them. It only matters that we bend over backwards for the customer. I am a firm believer that the customer is not always right. I give good service, fair prices and ship quickly but I will not kiss butt to an undeserving customer. I have almost 1000 f/b points with a 100% rating. That should count for something but no. Some idiot suit "upstairs" decided a 30 day return policy sounds nice. Every ebay seller is an individual company and they should be able to run their company the way they want as long as they are honest.

I may move to a 20% restocking fee for returns after 7 days. Does anyone know if that is allowed? I am not asking if eBay is set up to do it, just, is this allowed?

MORE EBAY BS!

I just got this message from fleeBay.
"On May 01, 2016, you'll need to offer a 30 day return policy in most categories to receive eBay Top Rated Plus or Premium Service benefits."

It looks like I am rated TOP RATED in everything, but that does not matter to them. It only matters that we bend over backwards for the customer. I am a firm believer that the customer is not always right. I give good service, fair prices and ship quickly but I will not kiss butt to an undeserving customer. I have almost 1000 f/b points with a 100% rating. That should count for something but no. Some idiot suit "upstairs" decided a 30 day return policy sounds nice. Every ebay seller is an individual company and they should be able to run their company the way they want as long as they are honest.

This change was announced a few months ago & goes into effect on May 1. I'll probably bump my return time from 14 days to 30 days. Every return I've ever had started the day the buyer got the item. I don't think changing the return time length will change that. If you decide not to offer 30 day returns you lose the 20% discount on fees. You still get commercial postage rates which is where the real savings are.

I may move to a 20% restocking fee for returns after 7 days. Does anyone know if that is allowed? I am not asking if eBay is set up to do it, just, is this allowed?

It's my understanding that under eBay policy you can charge a restocking fee. I'm not convinced it will help with buyer's remorse returns. If the item arrives damaged, is "fake", or is INAD the buyer is not required to pay the restocking fee.

I'm more concerned with people "renting" my jewelry. I know I can't totally prevent. I've had one case that I think that's what they did ... Bought an expensive bracelet, and started the return on day 13. It was just a weird return I remember

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back