What's new

I kid you not, another Trade Axe and Big Silver

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2009
Messages
2,478
Reaction score
1,966
Golden Thread
2
Location
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm sure you guys and gals are tired of me posting these pesky Trade Axes, but honestly I tried another site about 25 miles away from the last one. Plus this is by far the largest one to date, as the look on my sons face. Other finds from this site include a total of 7 coppers that I found with one given to the farmer, he was quite pleased…Several buckles and one button…no musket balls once again (weird how it works) Now the silver was a pleasant but unexpected find in another field on the way home… Lots of those mosquitos out there but the deet kept them away but I can't feel my face :dontknow:. Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • 50 cent.webp
    50 cent.webp
    20 KB · Views: 774
  • 50 cent-2.webp
    50 cent-2.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 763
  • Coppers.webp
    Coppers.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 756
  • 20150920_171457.webp
    20150920_171457.webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Caleb.webp
    Caleb.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
Upvote 72
beautiful half!!
 
Nice colonial axe! That is a huge one. the picture of your son holding it is priceless! The rest of your finds are very nice as well.
 
Amazing silver. :) Low mintage! :)

Keep 'em coming, Patriot.
 
I had a good feeling when the farmer said there was a foundation way down by the edge of the river! I'm sure there was more around, it seemed the signals were hiding well. Congrats on the big silver! Could have easily missed that one, good thing I hit those buttons so we didn't move on so quickly haha!

This fall should hold some more goodies….You are right…only because you pulled out those 2 old buttons is why we stuck around longer than normal… thanks buddy!!
 
That is awesome! It's better than clad as your signature finds!
Enjoy it while it lasts!
 
Congrats T.P , killer finds .. cheers Mick
 
Nice Find!!! I would try to electro that one for sure.
 
Nice Find!!! I would try to electro that one for sure.
Thanks everyone...was a fantastic day out... got 4 axes to clean up...hopefully a makers mark shows up
 
No this area had tons of french settlers since the 1600's...found at a foundation site

Hudsons Bay company was operating back to the 1670's, it very well could have been through them. They were a big player in the colonial trade.
 
Looks french to me, but I am no expert. If french or british, it may have a maker's mark. Still on my list, as for the silver. Congrats!
 
Good job on the BIG Vicky 50 cent, a tough, tough find.
 
Good job on the BIG Vicky 50 cent, a tough, tough find.

You are so right, with only 150,000 minted....funny in a field the size of 4 football fields...not many targets but this popped out with in 20 minutes.... we are sure to hit the area again...
 
Fantastic finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom