What's new

I know i have a couple things, the rest might be rocks

Nicola

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 6, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I am really new to this and you will probably get sick of me lol. This is what I found today. I just pick up weird looking rocks and hope they are something ; )

image-1703725169.webp


image-4292011660.webp
 

Attachments

  • image-933366441.webp
    image-933366441.webp
    64 KB · Views: 133
  • image-3414706883.webp
    image-3414706883.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
I see 1 thing and the rest I believe are rocks. Bottom pic on left 3rd to the right of that pic. We have a rock forum for the rest. Now if you have any other WORKED rocks I would like to see them. Thanks, rock
 
You just keep on picking up rocks and having fun. I would much rather look at your rocks and that good looking point or two in that bottom left pic than almost anything...
 
I see two points and what looks like a core. The red brick I'm not sure if. I have never seen red brick with holes that small. Now, I'm no brick mason, so that may be a certain type of modern brick with holes made for small rebar to go through. Don't know, but, don't believe it to be old. Not a bad day. For a newbie especially!! Keep on keepin on bro!
 
the top picture (lower right item) looks like a tree limb cast, I find them all the time in clay. the brick is pretty interesting...what context did you find it in? The holes have a double purpose...to help the brick dry and fire evenly and so that mortar will push in and hold bricks together better. It also looks rough and crude with many foreign particles in it which suggests to me that it was hand made from local clay by an individual and not a commercial brick. I find these from time to time where I live, some even have finger marks on them. You also have what looks to me as two projectile points or one point and a knife.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom