What's new

I Love METAL

hollywood13185

Full Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
118
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett GTP 1350, Ace 250, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
Now I know all of us love to detect metal but who likes to listen to it and whats your favorite bands? Here are some of mine... August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Destroy the Runner, It Dies Today, Becoming The Arctype, Killswitch Engage and the list goes on. :headbang:
 
Wow! You're into some heavy stuff! I like a lot of heavier music, but there isn't too much of the new stuff I like. The "groove" just isn't there....Pantera had it, early Metallica had it, but most of this new stuff...it's just not as well written (in my opinion). I'm a musician so I pay attention to how well a song is written. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Ya I like some of the older stuff too, how bout some King Diamond :laughing7: I do really like the Christian metal core stuff tho. The breakdowns are awsome. I play guitar I just cant play metal. But its some crazy talented guitar stuff even if the structure quite isnt all there.
 
What about All Shall Perish, Lamb of God etc????
 
Also good bands, Ive listened to them but not alot. I could list a ton of bands. Has anyone heard of Crimson Moonlight. Their referred to as white metal.
 
I love the Christian Metal scene. As far as awesome guitar work, Stryper rules! Other Christian metal bands that deserve mention are Bride, Tourniquet, Demon Hunter, Deliverance.....
 
My younger brother's more into metal than I am, and he likes most of the bands you do also...
I listen to an eclectic mix of music, normally based on my mood.

I guess this is some of the stuff I like...
Thousand Foot Krutch, FM Static, Skillet, Anberlin (from my hometown), Underoath (sometimes), Pax217, Blink182, Angels & Airwaves, Atreyu, Blindside, Five Iron Frenzy, Brave Saint Saturn, Chiodos (they suck live!), Coheed & Cambria, Demon Hunter, Dogwood, Emery, Enter Shikari, Flogging Molly, Hawthorne Heights, Hoobastank, Incubus.... ok, seriously, I'm getting tired of typing.

I saw Killswitch Engage and Coheed & Cambria at Warp Tour back in Florida a couple Summers ago... I was right up at front stage, and took ALOT of really great photos that day of all the bands I saw! :)

Bran <><
 
Dude thats awsome, Ive yet to go to a metal cocert. Have you heard The Almost. I think its the drummer from Underoath. They're not metal but its a good band too. Demon Hunter is a real good band, their last album seemed a little more light than their other stuff. Another good one is Inhale Exhale.
 
Yeah man... the boys from Underoath are also from back home (in Tampa)
The Almost is pretty good, and you're right, it's lead by Aaron Gillespie (the drummer for Underoath)
Their rendition of Amazing Grace is just SICK.... I love it!

Warp Tour was the second mainstream concert I've ever been to. I actually enjoyed it alot... and there were alot of Christian bands playing there as well! Family Force 5 really surprised alot of the kids around me, waiting for Paramour to come out on the stage next to them. Straylight Run was also really awesome live!!! They are a really good group...

Oh yeah, another Christian band I like alot is Spoken... I had to carry the lead singer off stage last time I saw them here in Springfield, because he passed out. I used to go to alot of rock concerts at Nubrew, back when they were on Sunshine, just off of Campbell. Now Nubrew is right here by my school, but I don't know if they still have bands come through like they used to.

Bran <><
 
I listen to all kinds of music but as far as metal goes its stuff like Pantera, Metallica, Megadeath, Testament, Slayer, White Zombie, Sepultera. I've never heard of most of the bands you guys are listing. Must be getting old. I will be checking them out though, I haven't discovered a good new band in quite a while. The newest one that I've heard and liked was Devil Driver, I like the song Driving Down the Darkness.
 
The bands you listed started it all. Alot of these bands dont put themselves out there like others as far as publicity goes. Alot of them arn't very well known by most.
 
Here one of my favorites, Their called The Agonist. Their lead singer is a chick and shes awsome. Im in love :love4:[youtube=425,350]pZo4bOZf3B4[/youtube]
 
Dang, she is pretty hott... and she's got a great voice too!
I'm such a sucker for chic-fronted bands! ;D

Bran <><
 
Me too my friend. Like In This Moment, Kitty, Arch Enemy
 
Yes Nightwish, nice call Eddie :icon_thumleft:
 
I joined Slayers fanclub in 1985. My first concert was Alice Cooper followed by Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Poison, AC/DC, Warrant, Bon Jovi, Testament, Overkill, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, W.A.S.P and more. I grew up in Charlotte so I went to a LOT of concerts and shows. I saw Slayer at the Grady Cole Center which was nice and tiny. I missed school after that show because I was so sore and bruised. I saw GWAR at the same place and the singer got arrested. I recently saw Slayer again(7th time) and GWAR in Myrtle Beach(2nd time) and the wife loved it.


BIG metalhead here. In school I was a "hood".
 
Thats awsome! My wife hates my music ;D
 
hollywood13185 said:
Thats awsome! My wife hates my music ;D

Same here! My wife likes to listen to (c)rap music..... ::)
 
Hey Eddie whats fun to do to the wife is get on youtube and find screamo metal versions of rap songs. Drives my wife crazy. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom