I LOVE MY NEW MINELAB!!!!!! BARBER DIMES!!!!!!!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hello, everyone!! today was my third time out with my New Explorer SE and let me tell you it just keeps getting better!!! I am getting it figured out and to day I found 6 wheat pennies the oldest being a 1916 1918D 1919 the other three were 2-1942 plain, and a 1952d
I didn't scan the wheaties, just the token and the two Barber dimes, one is a 1906 plain and the other is a 1907 plain. the token is from the Rend City Coal Mine Company store and is the second one like it I have found in this yard, the house was built in 1905 and is one of the few original houses left in Rend City,IL.

Both Barber dimes were in the back yard about 20 feet apart in a straight line from each other (I'm guessing clothesline?) they were both a solid 8-9 inches down!!! they were laying flat.

I went over the areas where I found these dimes with my White's Prizm IV last fall and did not get a peep from it( the reason is all the old iron in the yard) the prizm couldn't separate the signal and discriminate out the iron like this Minelab can!!! anyway, just my thoughts for the day, if it doesn't rain tomorrow I might go out hunting some more.

Attachments

• ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,215
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tommyboy72

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hi thanks for the praises!!! what I meant by them being in a straight line is they were oriented east to west directly behaind the house so I'm thinking clothseline, I also found a 1917 Penny last year there, and one of the wheaties I found yesterday was also in line with the dimes. so probably that is where the original clothesline was located years ago. all the coins in the back yard were in the same East to West line.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tommyboy72 said:
Hello, everyone!! today was my third time out with my New Explorer SE and let me tell you it just keeps getting better!!! I am getting it figured out and to day I found 6 wheat pennies the oldest being a 1916 1918D 1919 the other three were 2-1942 plain, and a 1952d
I didn't scan the wheaties, just the token and the two Barber dimes, one is a 1906 plain and the other is a 1907 plain. the token is from the Rend City Coal Mine Company store and is the second one like it I have found in this yard, the house was built in 1905 and is one of the few original houses left in Rend City,IL.

Both Barber dimes were in the back yard about 20 feet apart in a straight line from each other (I'm guessing clothesline?) they were both a solid 8-9 inches down!!! they were laying flat.

I went over the areas where I found these dimes with my White's Prizm IV last fall and did not get a peep from it( the reason is all the old iron in the yard) the prizm couldn't separate the signal and discriminate out the iron like this Minelab can!!! anyway, just my thoughts for the day, if it doesn't rain tomorrow I might go out hunting some more.
Not hard to fall in love with these machines huh?

If there is silver in the ground these machines sniff them out.

Good digs.

ILseeker

Jun 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's dfx with sunray probe Explorer SE Pro
Congrats Tom It will only get better with the SE soon you will be giving everyone at the club tips on how to use it. Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread