My Fine today ! (not a typo)

Weddle546

Oct 27, 2009
White Mountains, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ancient coinmaster
LONG STORY: Well my new safari came in yesterday and since i was off work today i decided since it was nice, to go out and try it. I went to an old house foundation on forest service land where alot of people go to ride atv's and just get out to have a picnic or whatever. Most of where i live is forest service land. The roads were clear of snow finally and most the area so i was excited to get to beeping. (Mind you i brought the honda accord since the wife had the jeep). Well the roads looked good and were solid so i wasnt afraid to go down them. Then i hit a soft spot. The car sunk in the awful sticky mud we have here. I called my wife and she came from work to pull me out. The jeep just slipped. So i called my uncle and he brought out the hemi dodge and a winch. We got it out and were just about to leave when a forest service truck shows up. I figured he thought he could help. No instead he gives me a $275 ticket for damaging the road. Like i intentionally did it. I said "Well it isnt bad i will fill it in". He still gave me the ticket saying i was lucky he didnt give my wife one too. He then proceeded to leave and he himself got stuck and buried his new dodge hemi almost up to the frame. He barely made it out. He left some ruts so big that mine looked like little bicycle tracks compared to his. I had to laugh at the fact i made it further in my little honda than he did in his truck. So after getting the car home i started making calls. First call was to the local Ranger, head of the station. He thought it wasnt fair but couldnt do anything. So he gave me the number of the state captain. I explained the incident to him and he said he would talk to him and asked if i took pictures and i said yes. He wanted me to email them to him so now i just need to hear back. Good ole Murphy's law i tell ya. Well i hope the rest of you actually found something today. lol. And i am stubborn when it comes to whats right and i wont back down. If this isnt resolved i will contact the local news station and if need be i will go to jail before i pay it. Somebody has to stand ground. Our country has gotten so bad that we are losing all of our freedoms. including ones we pay taxes on >:(

Upvote 0

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Serves the @!#%$ hole right getting stuck, but he will probably blame that on you! I have been proven recently that there really is people out there that live to try to control others. You just gotta hold your head up, and laugh!!

kansas coin hunter

Feb 24, 2008
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites q2 6000 di series 3 6000di pro and whites bulleye pin pointer
right on bro go after the money hungery people we have no rights no more cant smoke and do anything what the hell did we fight for in the war kansas coin hunter rock on bro stick to your guns :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :notworthy: :notworthy: :hello2: :hello2: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Did he give himself a ticket too? Just wonderin'.

Oh, and congrats on the Safari! You're gonna love it once you get used to all the different tones.

Ray

leakypipes

Oct 7, 2007
The Forest Service officers sound like the DEC Police we have around here. They weren't smart enough to be real police officers so they took that job. They don't do anything so they need to justify their jobs by writing an occasional ticket to raise money. Did he use his red lights and of course SIREN?

boopchapman7456

Aug 24, 2007
illinois
Detector(s) used
ace 250
at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:wink: lol WTG, Hope u beat this and he gets what he deserves. Serves him right to get stuck. He sounds like a jerk!! :headbang:

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The irony of this is . . . those roads are USFS roads and if there was any chance that a member of the public could get stuck and stranded there on unpassable roads, the park officials should have closed those roads to firstly, protect the public from getting stuck and stranded and possibly damaging their vehicles (Personal Property) on unpassable roads, and secondly, to protect the park from being damaged. In my eyes, they are completely responsible for you getting stuck, had you called a tow truck, you could have sued them for the fees.

Crazy man . . . there is always going to be a "Ricky Rescue Ranger" out there, just hope I don't run into one anytime soon!

HH, Mark

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you for fighting this :thumbsup:

It would of been great if you would have had video on that camera.

You could of told the captain he could view the whole episode on Youtube and again in court.

:laughing9:

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Toby1858 said:
Serves the @!#%$ hole right getting stuck, but he will probably blame that on you! I have been proven recently that there really is people out there that live to try to control others. You just gotta hold your head up, and laugh!!

Yeah Weddle , after readinng your post and experiencing some freedom controlling issues in my town, I think Toby has pretty much hit the nail on the head with his comment .A few months back I was told my garage sale was illegal but I could finish it up but If I was caught having another I could be fined . Who told me this ? Some Fire Marshall who was driving around in a county truck on a Saturday and probably making double time - overtime for doing it .
I later called up city Hall they looked into it and told me much to even their surprise that it was indeed part of the Fire Depts. domain .
So what I'm left wondering is , If my house should catch on fire who is going to help me put it out ,
The Mayor , the City Gardeners , the local Pizza Baker or none of the above? :dontknow: :help:

H H ,
George

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Some little man has nothing better to do than harass citizens doing nothing wrong! I've seen way to many people like him.....His name wasn't Barney Fife was it? I hope they "un-fine" you!

HH,
Moon

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
:-[Bummer... just goes to show you that you can get a ticket for just about anything.. Did you take pictures of his ruts from where he got stuck?.. HH M

Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola
I don't know if this is true for sure,i read it one time.

I heard a guy say that he paid a ticket by check,and when he paid it,he sent a couple extra dollars,say the fine was ten and he paid twelve.
They had to send him back the two dollars in a check and he kept it and did not cash it in.
He said,until the check was cashed,they could not complete the transaction!

LabradorBob

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
First of all, how about we start taking responsability for the mistakes we make .
You got yourself stuck on a road you probably shouldn't have been on in the first place in a Honda Accord. Then you blame the Ranger.
Secondly, this should be in general discussion ,not Todays Finds.

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
some people work for a big paycheck and some for power and a title, guess which one the ranger has

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
I have to agree that there are those around here that go out just to see if they can get stuck & they do make a mess of the roads. But on the other hand there are those that simply go out to with no intent on doing damage. Around here the head forest ranger is totally controlling & acts as if the entire forest is his personal property. They are closing roads to the point you can't go out & enjoy the forest. They to have been issuing tickets for the simplest things (where is the common sense).

You can always swear out a complaint on the officer for damaging the same roads & make him go through the same carp. You have not seen the last of this, they will tell you that you can pay the ticket now or go to court & pay five times the amount if found guilty. Another way they put pressure on the common public to avoid doing there job.

OP
OP
Weddle546

Weddle546

Oct 27, 2009
White Mountains, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ancient coinmaster
First pic is where i got stuck, the ruts were already there just my little tracks were all i did. He nailed the whole mess on me. The rest are pics of his mess.

Attachments

• downsized_0219001451a.jpg
    downsized_0219001451a.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 664
  • downsized_0219001449.jpg
    downsized_0219001449.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 670
  • downsized_0219001450.jpg
    downsized_0219001450.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 668

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread