waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I got a call from one of my tellers. She said they had a member who had a lot of big dollars that the machine wouldn't take and could I come take a look. She said that some were Ikes but several were kinda funny looking!!!.

Needless to say I headed right to the bank to meet the customer. I wound up with 145 Ikes and 43 Morgan and Peace Dollars. Didn't get the Morgan and Peace $ for face but paid him $25.00 each which we were both happy with. I also took the Ikes for face.

He also had 3 Canadian silver dimes, a Canadian silver quarter and 10 buffalo nickels which included at 1913T1. I bought all of them as well.

Attachments

• morgans.jpg
    morgans.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 104
  • peace.jpg
    peace.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Nice pickup. Now, be sure to post some close-ups of the better dates/mints/grades over in the Coins section. Any keepers out of the Ikes (not just silver)?

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done! And good on you for giving him a fair price.

Thanks. The way I see it, I'm trying to make sure people get treated fairly in that type of situation. I will even call a couple of places and let them listen in on the conversation to see what the coin shops are paying that day. I'm happy to pay what the local market is paying and sit on them for a while.

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pickup. Now, be sure to post some close-ups of the better dates/mints/grades over in the Coins section. Any keepers out of the Ikes (not just silver)?

No key or semi-key dates, just common dates only. Several will be XF or AU, but they have all been cleaned at some point in their life, but it is still silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread