Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gimme the address, I'll find it for you! :laughing7:

Mike

Don't forget you buddies Nitric and me. What the hell "I'll find it for you!" ... You mean WE"LL find it for him. 50-50 sound good Nitric????

OP
OP
pearson

pearson

May 7, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030. Minelab 705, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did find a mason jar full of marbles about 2 ft. deep, so thats a good sign that items are buried....

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work cheap, 10% sounds good. I know a GPX should find it along with all nails and trash located within 2 feet.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you get the power, gas and water companies to come out and white line the utilities. This will help you get an idea of where NOT to dig to deeply but will also give you an idea of where the historic easements were. After that look for signs of surface trash related to the old utility near those easements.... there will be something I'm sure... then consider getting a two box unit or a very large coil.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hopefully the gas, water or power company didn't "hit" the spot and scatter the loot all over or somebody from one of the utilities saw it and collected what they could then.

OP
OP
pearson

pearson

May 7, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No gas, only wood burning stoves. The power co. will take 14 days to come mark non priorities..........and to DirtyDig.....the NETR aerial photo sight was a hit.... it revieled a 1969, 1971, and 2006 photo.....i can see the original driveway and it's path to the house!!!!!!!!!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, wish you the best of luck in finding the pot of gold at the end of your rainbow.
Friendly tip..if you do find it..do NOT tell anybody, not even your dog, a :D here will do.

Mike

That, My friend, Is VERY good advice.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If the aerial photos don't help, you might try the County Courthouse for Property Plat Maps for the property and adjoining properties.

Frank

OP
OP
pearson

pearson

May 7, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the aerial photos don't help, you might try the County Courthouse for Property Plat Maps for the property and adjoining properties.

Frank

Thanks Frank

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, wish you the best of luck in finding the pot of gold at the end of your rainbow.
Friendly tip..if you do find it..do NOT tell anybody, not even your dog, a :D here will do.

Mike

Absolutely true.... no matter how much you'd like to DO NOT tell folks. Take some pics / video along the way for personal viewing. You'll open up a can of "worms" if you do!!!!! Go to the woods... and I mean deep... and howl at the moon. Best of luck to you!!!!!!

OP
OP
pearson

pearson

May 7, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely true.... no matter how much you'd like to DO NOT tell folks. Take some pics / video along the way for personal viewing. You'll open up a can of "worms" if you do!!!!! Go to the woods... and I mean deep... and howl at the moon. Best of luck to you!!!!!!

I'm with you!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I would walk the driveway with a 2 Box from house to road (both sides). There's also the possibility that the lamp could have been at an out building. Look for foundation stones. Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg
PS: I do not think it will be deeper than 2' max., but the 2 box works quicker and avoids the smaller junk that could drive you crazy. Most caches I have found have been less than 1' from ground surface to top of cache. Frank...-

Last edited:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sticking to my story, its going to be to deep for a standard metal detector to find. :icon_scratch: If you want to find it you need to get a 2 box machine, you can rent them at some hobby/detecting shops. Get one of those your sure to find it !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !!:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions