Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here’s a two piece gold gilded Coffe button I can’t get anything from the back of the button due to rust any cleaning procedure that you would do feel free to let me know. As always I appreciate y’all’s knowledge. IMG_0621.jpg
IMG_0622.jpg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Here’s a two piece gold gilded Coffe button I can’t get anything from the back of the button due to rust any cleaning procedure that you would do feel free to let me know. As always I appreciate y’all’s knowledge.

I hate to say it, but it is a modern crest & crown fashion/blazer button, similar to this one:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 7.43.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 7.43.47 PM.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate to say it, but it is a modern crest & crown fashion/blazer button, similar to this one:

Oh man what a crusher I brought it home in a ball of cotton to protect it if I hit a pothole and it’s a piece of **** lol

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, sorry truth I know you worked your tail off to get it but that was funny right there, what you said not your disappointment.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol, sorry truth I know you worked your tail off to get it but that was funny right there, what you said not your disappointment.

Yeah Comp they never said it was easy and I found it at a very old park but that’s the way it goes and I’ll live to cut another plug

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You probably won't find any Rev War regimentals that far down south, but boy, some buttons you MIGHT find could be hard to get Louisianas, Texas or Arkansas buttons, especially if you go inland some and find old outposts. You dig a coat of Arkansas buttons and you might be able to retire.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You probably won't find any Rev War regimentals that far down south, but boy, some buttons you MIGHT find could be hard to get Louisianas, Texas or Arkansas buttons, especially if you go inland some and find old outposts. You dig a coat of Arkansas buttons and you might be able to retire.

Yeah that’s why I lost it when I first realized it was a Louisiana code button

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread