I need help

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a reason it is called prospecting. You need to look in the places gold likes to hang out and sample, then sample and then sample some more. It is not a science as to where a pay streak will be or what direction it will follow. Once you find a fair amount of gold in a few consecutive pans then you found a pay streak. once found and you start working it you will need to sample off and on to make sure you are still on it or that it isn't cleaned out. Every creek is different and even within the same creek things can change in ten feet distance from where you are looking. The hunt is half the fun!

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was easy to find it wouldn't be the adventure I'm looking for. And it's not that easy to find.
When I find that gold it means something to me. I've learned something, I've done something, I've made something, I've planned something, I figured something out and I found Gold. I have a small library of books on gold and mining.
I have a small mining company worth of mining gear in my garage.
I haven't found enough gold to want to sell it.
I've traded with it, and I've given it as gifts.
And only other miners know what I went through to get it.
So you want to know how to find gold.
A pay streak is the path that the gold takes on its way down the river bed.
Many call it they gut of the river.
When we look for gold it has already stopped its travel at this point.
When it's traveling you can't find it.
That's because the river is flooding and has risen and is flowing fast enough to move boulders the size of houses down the river.
This is when gold is traveling.
When everything that isn't bedrock is flowing with the water.
As the floodwaters recede the heavier materials begins a stop where water becomes slowest, at the bends, behind and in front of large rocks.
Because of the irregular nature of the river bottom, the bedrock, the different densities of materials and the amount of materials it's not always easy to guess where gold is buried.
But we do guess, we test, and sample, and estimate.
So what will you do?
You will do what we do, what all prospectors have done since the beginning of prospecting.
You dig.
Then you come back here and show us what you found.
Like this. 11-16-12 SBEF.JPG

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
a report was written on "How to Read a Stream" try goggleing it. itll give you a starting point on knowing what your looking at and where the "better" spots to dig. this report is on several websites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread