Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
every week someone joins with the most amazing treasures , and within a few post the insults fly. this week it's you . you come here looking for affirmation and get bent out of shape because I noted what looks like base metal showing.
I may be a fool but you sure play the part well.

Upvote 1

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a fan of treasure hunting
I am an expert in technical signs and symbols that are only found in North Africa, the Mediterranean Basin, the Middle East and Europe
The rest of the world is not interested in this science
So, you're the only one? Really? In the whole world? And yet you come to a "treasure hunting" website to pick our brains? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 5

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The coin has been described as both a medallion and a coin of standard circulation (https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces66808.html)
It is also know to have been heavily conterfeited.
As Red-Coat said, it would take a professional to differentiate whether it be 'real' or counterfeit.
I also find the coin interesting in that it exemplifies the short term in office of the majority of the Roman emperors.
Their early removal from office was done in numerous and nasty ways.
Don in SoCal.

Upvote 3

Detector Pigeon

Oct 29, 2023
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert but I have common sense, something seems off so I'm gonna say that it's fake. Also I agree with cudamark, you say you're not a fan of treasure hunting but you decide to post things on TreasureNet? :icon_scratch: Doesn't check out...

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Aymen gh

Aymen gh

Dec 9, 2023
Tunisia
Detector(s) used
Makro nokta
I'm no expert but I have common sense, something seems off so I'm gonna say that it's fake. Also I agree with cudamark, you say you're not a fan of treasure hunting but you decide to post things on TreasureNet? :icon_scratch: Doesn't check out...
Are you an archaeologist or did you have common sense that you studied at Harvard or one of the major universities?

Upvote 0

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
confidential because it contains things that should not be mentioned to the general public
Do these coins become more confidential in groups? You already posted one, so what's confidential about the group? The container? The place it's sitting? Can you not remove or obfuscate the confidential part? People post photos of finds in situ here all the time, and it's basically impossible to know anything about the location from doing so.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Aymen gh

Aymen gh

Dec 9, 2023
Tunisia
Detector(s) used
Makro nokta
Do these coins become more confidential in groups? You already posted one, so what's confidential about the group? The container? The place it's sitting? Can you not remove or obfuscate the confidential part? People post photos of finds in situ here all the time, and it's basically impossible to know anything about the location from doing so.
ltakatum eanha
- About 1200 grams of precious stones
Some pottery
And strange-shaped stones with mysterious powers that interfere with wireless devices. For example, if you place it on top of the phone, it will it turns off
Some leather maps
Small pieces of gold bullion, gold jewelry, carved stone tombs in a cave extending for more than 600 metres, underground houses and a ruined palace.
Excavations are still ongoing and the site is still under construction
Mixed civilizations, Phoenician, Roman, Byzantine, and other things of unknown origin. Modern traces of Ottoman coins and other items that should be kept secret were also found on the site

Last edited:
Upvote 1

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm no expert but I did dig a lot of Roman coins in Spain and nothing we dug ever looked like that... If it was silver the quality was a LOT better, ,,, If it was copper it always came out with a green patina, which I don't see any here.
It looks a LOT like a Copper coin that has been dropped in acid to clean it, ... the only time I have ever seen dimpling like that is after a heavy cleaning from some type of chemical, No one can say whether something is real or not over this forum, but people who have seen these things can make a reasonable guise..
A big question I would have is why would someone with the credentials he says he has, and a collection he says he has... why is he posting something that looks like that here ? I'm not judging just wondering ..

Upvote 2

Detector Pigeon

Oct 29, 2023
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ltakatum eanha
- About 1200 grams of precious stones
Some pottery
And strange-shaped stones with mysterious powers that interfere with wireless devices. For example, if you place it on top of the phone, it will it turns off
Some leather maps
Small pieces of gold bullion, gold jewelry, carved stone tombs in a cave extending for more than 600 metres, underground houses and a ruined palace.
Excavations are still ongoing and the site is still under construction
Mixed civilizations, Phoenician, Roman, Byzantine, and other things of unknown origin. Modern traces of Ottoman coins and other items that should be kept secret were also found on the site
Then post pictures lol, you described all of the contents but have no proof.

Upvote 0

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modern traces of Ottoman coins and other items that should be kept secret were also found on the site>

I'm liking this guy more all the time, because he is telling us stuff that is supposed to be kept secret :o

Upvote 2

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The evidence, my friend, in Tunisia leads the fool to prison
Then what are you doing posting *anything* about it on a public online forum in (to you) a foreign country?

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Aymen gh

Aymen gh

Dec 9, 2023
Tunisia
Detector(s) used
Makro nokta
The evidence, my friend, in Tunisia leads the fool to prison
The owner of one coin shall be punished by imprisonment for five years. A fine of twenty-five thousand dollars, and if he is arrested a second time, he will pay a fine of fifty thousand dollars and ten years in prison
But I am an unknown person, haha, and there is no evidence of me
But every once in a while, I will post some pieces that show you jealousy. You will adapt to that

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread