PEles said:
Guys & gals I don't have a clue. Last time I posted a rare find( 1795 half dime mint condition) I was told I was too new and hadnt posted enough, Ok I'll go with that, this time surely most seasoned detectorists knows that a find like this is a rare and an exremely desireable find with a high monetary value to it, so what gives?? Some have said it was because I didnt post it dirty and maybe they think it's not real?? Sorry don't buy it, This find just like my 1795 half dime is as real as it gets and I dug them. This buckle was posted absolutely just like I dug it in the south carolina lowcountry as was my 1795 coin. Anybody with any common sense knows not to clean a find like either one of these. So come on Jeff where's the consistency with this banner stuff. I honestly can't find anything much better than these last 2 things

I understand about my last find but kinda feel like I got the shaft on this one and by my emails and replys many of your readers feel the same way. Does it have anything to do with the depot

? Hmmmmmm makes me wonder. Sorry if you feel it's not real but take a look at some of these buttons I've dug down here. They're dug, I found them and they pretty much look now just like they came out of the ground. Is it my fault the SC lowcountry has some of the prettiest dug relics in the world

Again I'm feelling like I got the shaft bigtime on this because if this rare, gorgeous, piece isn't banner worthy then nothing is!
Laszlo
I Can only tell you why I Have second Thoughts
Now.
#1 You Complained

with this Thread.
#2 You brought up the Depot ? They may be a Good
Site, However, What does the Depot have to do
with TNet ? I Don't believe in Putting down any site
for the purpose of Conflict.
#3 IF I Post it now, what's to keep everyone else from
Complaining when they Don't get a Banner ? Hopeing
it will then get Bannered.
As far as I'm concerned, I Take everyone at their
word that they dug an Item, unless They have been Known
to make false posts.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/authenticity
Please Don't take any of this as a Put down.
I Guess I Just do not Understand.
Jeff
P.S.
a Longer more Detailed
Story with it may have Caught Our eye