What's new

I stumbled across this today...

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
5,249
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
1
Location
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I pulled into an office complex to make a conference call this afternoon. I always look for a nice remote corner. As I pulled into the parking spot, I noticed what looked like an old wall, hidden by the trees. What I found is a huge cellar hole mad of stone. It was either a very large house, or more likely a mill.

Needless to say, this one can not wait until fall. I will be back on the weekend!
 

Attachments

  • 2009_06160002a.webp
    2009_06160002a.webp
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,223
riverrunner814 said:
Looks Promising!! Let us know how you make out.

Wow! Old post, but I nearly forgot about the site! Thanks for the reminder! Now if the snow would only go away...
 
So many sites...so little time!
 
we really need to see some hits from this spot. come on spring.
 
Is this wall close to water,like with in 30 feet?If it is,it most likely a mill.It could possibly be an old inn.Just tossing out some other idears on what it may have been.Are you planning to explore the inside the cellar hole?
 
Looks really interesting. Maybe there's some neat stuff to be found there? You just never can tell. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED. :laughing7: :thumbsup:
 
its fun what you find when you aren't looking for it
 
looks old as crap some thing has got to be there good luck
 
diggummup said:
Has the snow melted yet?

Yes,

and I got back there a few weeks back. It was very trashy and the mosquitoes & Poison ivy plants were unbearable. I will have to wait for the snow to return!
 
Neil in West Jersey said:
diggummup said:
Has the snow melted yet?

Yes,

and I got back there a few weeks back. It was very trashy and the mosquitoes & Poison ivy plants were unbearable. I will have to wait for the snow to return!
:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom