I Suppose Everyone Has A Digger's "Kiss" Horror Story

40 Rounds

Nov 26, 2016
Iowa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've watched a lot of metal detecting videos on Youtube of people hitting their target while digging it up. Seeing "Brad" from the Hoover boys scratch the Flowing Hair half dime/dime-(can't remember which it was) and dicing that French gold coin into 4 pieces comes to mind. Anyway I have not been at this hobby very long and have always tried to be careful digging all of my targets. Early on when I nicked a couple of modern coins and one or two wheats I tried to slow down and be extra careful but I am almost sick with what I did today to this 1902 Indian Head Penny. I was not expecting an Indian when I started to dig as the numbers on my detector were kind of jumpy. Anyway I was pleasantly surprised when I got it out of the hole. I started to clean it up a bit...and was getting annoyed at the stubborn piece of grass on my coin when I suddenly realized it was not grass but I must have hit it with my digger! Ugh!!! I know some of you folks probably have dozens or maybe even hundreds of IHPs you have recovered but this one is only my fourth and I really like IHPs. And this one is in pretty good shape...or at least it was before I dug it. I guess its better than getting "skunked". Sorry had to vent.

Anybody else have digger kiss horror stories they want to share?

Attachments

• 20201129_173139.jpg
    20201129_173139.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20201129_173216.jpg
    20201129_173216.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 15

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland