I sure was suprised to see this !!

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
I had an appt. to talk to a woman on Sunday about getting permisson to seach a farmhouse
thats going to be demolished soon I knew she lived in an old large stone farmhouse maaan,
i was excited knowing i'd be sitting in it with the owners When i arrived i parked and then i
saw what few people see when they drive by on the highway :o As i approached the home
i looked up and there was a date stone 1786 i got shivers they let me in and we talked awhile
When i was ready to leave i asked if i could take some photo's of what i saw when i arrived
they said sure go ahead so, heres 3 shots i got of there circa 1732 log house in there back
yard No, i did'nt ask to search there property and they did'nt offer but, i know i'll be back
there again i hope you enjoy looking at it as much as i did
IMG_3735_2.jpg

IMG_3736_2.jpg

IMG_3737_2.jpg

Mike HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !

nice place !

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
jeff of pa said:
WOW !

nice place !
Thanks Jeff there is a spring that runs through it the owner said it never goes dry
he showed me the lower level they cemented it with a 5 wide by ? long water basin he said
they keep their water melons in it to keep them cool :D i asked if they ever did any digging on
on the property (garden etc. ) they said no but her husband did find an arrowhead in the yard
water - indians next time i visit i'll get a photo of the stone farmhouse

Mike HH

AZ-Mtnman

Jul 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hey! I know that place! Was just wondering about it the other day.

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
AZ-Mtnman said:
Hey! I know that place! Was just wondering about it the other day.
AZ-Mtnman you know that place ? i thought i had the best kept secret since Sunday :(

Mike HH

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
Burdie said:
I wish I was hunting it right now!!!! That is one great site.
Burdie
me too Burdie me too but, it's summer time not much rain so the ground is pretty dry
spring or fall would be a better time and i got my doubts i'm gonna get a YES to search
it time will tell though on the plus side i just met 2 very nice people that love talking
about and researching history

Mike HH

AZ-Mtnman

Jul 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Don't worry, Mike, I'm on the other side of the country, so you have it all to yourself. I only meant that I had been there, never did hunt it.

Randy

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
TreasureTales said:
What a great looking log house. Just the opportunity to see it is a treasure, IMHO. Thanks for sharing.
i'm glad you enjoyed it Treasure Tales

Mike HH

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
AZ-Mtnman said:
Don't worry, Mike, I'm on the other side of the country, so you have it all to yourself. I only meant that I had been there, never did hunt it.

Randy
Hey Randy i was wondering where you were located ? you're right i did have it all to myself (only the photo's);D
but, then i had to share them with all the people on T Net :wink:

Mike HH

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
Blacksheep said:
The kind of place songs are written about, beautiful place.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
i'm glad you like it Blacksheep

Mike HH

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Did you got permission to hunt the old farmhouse? If you did, make a nice display case of some of the items you find there. Offer it to them saying you know how much they enjoy history. Then you can tell them, if they ever want one from this location to give you a call. It might work, if they see your interested in preserving history. Good luck....

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
lucky1777 said:
Did you got permission to hunt the old farmhouse? If you did, make a nice display case of some of the items you find there. Offer it to them saying you know how much they enjoy history. Then you can tell them, if they ever want one from this location to give you a call. It might work, if they see your interested in preserving history. Good luck....
Hi lucky1777 the farm 1850's i want to search is quite a few miles from the log house and if i do
recieve permisson i told them i would give all my finds to the small orginization if i find anything ?
one problem is i waited 1 year to long to call anybody about it i hope i do get to save a few things
be fore it gets demolished luck thanks !! i need it

Mike HH

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! I would love to live in a home with that much history. Always been a dream of mine. Thanks for sharing

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
that place is most tranquil right up to the point where I find that special relic and then it would be WAAHOOOOO LOL

Sniffer

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Soooooo SWEET! So neat to know it has been preserved the way it has. One can see the care and maintenance of the cabin and the soil build-up around it. They've preserved it and treasured it for decades. How fantastic! Thanks for sharing!!!

Noodle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread