JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found something semi worth posting here. Not super exciting but I'll take it. Found what I think is an old cow tag and I find these round disks with 30 on them not sure what they are but have a few now. Found some change as well and lots of scrap aluminum, brass, and iron. Not sure how to tell the difference between good stuff and aluminum unfortunately with the highest frequency on the xp. 20210806_194744.jpg 20210806_194754.jpg

Upvote 7

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the aluminum tag is from telephone poles( power poles), I have seen tags like that on poles before.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the aluminum tag is from telephone poles( power poles), I have seen tags like that on poles before.
I think you are right now that I think of it. Well now I know those are just trash lol

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John It’s always fun to find something and say to yourself what is this..
Hang in there..many rewards will be on the way

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are a couple of neat finds. I'm sure the big tag is a cow tag as you said, and I agree with Back of the Boat, the others are probably telephone poll tags.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd still rather find stuff like that than clad, so I say Congrats!
I most definitely agree though lol did find my share fair of toasty pennies and clad and lost of bits of aluminum. This old dairy unfortunately is close to the road and is littered with aluminum that's been broken up over the years. I'm not used to using high frequency so I've had no way to distinguish aluminum which can sound like coins and good stuff with my HF coil on the highest frequency.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread